Skip Navigation

[Closed] Showing Post Expiration Date in Archive Pages

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Let say we include an "Expiration Date" to some posts using a custom metadata field.
Can we show that expiration data on Post Archives like below?

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

countdown-backend.png
countdown-frontend.png

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

You'll find a "Countdown" block from Toolset in the blocks list, which can be used to show the countdown timer, linked to a date type custom field.

I've attached the example screenshots from the backend and the frontend showing this block.

regards,
Waqar

Looks like you didn't understand my question properly. Yes, I know I can pull up the dynamic data using the count down the block. But, the Countdown block is big, do you think will it fit for the post archive?

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

By default, the "Countdown" block is shown in large buttons styles, but, custom CSS code can be used to make it show in minimal, single-line format, similar to the example you shared.

Once you've added it to your post archive, you can share the link to that page, if you need some pointers for the custom CSS code.

That's a good idea! Thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

You're welcome and I'll wait for the link to the archive page.

The topic ‘[Closed] Showing Post Expiration Date in Archive Pages’ is closed to new replies.