Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting to select which template to use for Products

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.83 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Previously, I know there was a setting either within toolset or woocommerce after having Toolset installed to allow me to select which template my product pages would use. I know I can set the template via Toolset's Content template section, but I believe there used to be an option to tell WP to still use woocommernce's template vs toolsets.

Was this setting removed? If so, is there anyway for me to have woocommernce view blocks installed, but not have it automatically override woocommerce's template?

The reason I ask this is because I use Divi Builder and Toolset together for certain builds and with the most recent update to Woocommerce Blocks 3.0, it has broke alot of the custom product pages I had created with Divi and Toolset together. I would use Toolset views to create dynamic sections and content, then load those views within a Divi Layout.

Thanks for any information about this.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct and that option has been dropped from WooCommerce Blocks settings because the WooCommerce template priority now works automatically.

1. If a WordPress Archive or single product template from Toolset is assigned, it will be used.
2. If no WordPress Archive or single product template template from Toolset is added, any templates available from the active theme will be used.
3. If the theme doesn't include any template, then the default templates from WooCommerce are used.

This means that if you don't want WordPress Archive or a single product template from Toolset to override the default ones from WooCommerce, please make sure that they're not assigned to the WooCommerce archive and single product pages.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.