Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting Field Conditionals In Repeatable Groups

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I created a repeatable group and added custom fields to it. I then set conditions on some of those fields, however in the admin when I'm entering the data, and when the conditions are met, those fields are not displaying so I cannot continue to enter data. Am I missing something?

Hello,

I assume we are talking about the "Conditional display" settings when you setup a custom field group.

If it is, the Toolset Repeatable Groups are based on one-to-many relationship, so each item of Repeatable Group is also a independent single post, but the "Conditional display" setting works only when both fields are in the same post, so you can not use other post's custom field value as "conditional display" setting of current post field.

conditional-screen-capture-01.jpg

I might not be understating you here. I've created a Custom Field and associated it with a Post Type, then I created a Repeatable Group within it and added Custom Fields in the Repeatable Group. I then added a Conditional Display to the Custom Field so when you choose a specific value from the first Custom Field, in the admin, the second Custom Field will display in the admin to make additional choices. The Conditional Display rules work as expected when the Custom Fields are not in the Repeatable Group. Even though I'm able to assign Conditions to the Custom Fields within a Repeatable Group, I'm not sure why it's not working. I've attached an image.

I have tried the same settings as your screenshot in my localhost with a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, see my video capture:
hidden link
when the conditions are met, the second field does display.

Is there any step missing?
Please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem:
when the conditions are met, those fields are not displaying so I cannot continue to enter data
thanks

After playing around with this more it appears the issue was I needed to save/update the page after choosing the first value in order to view the additional values to select? I was expecting it to act more like a form where if I were to select the first value the additional values to select would be immediately available. Is this the correct behavior?

Please check my video capture, it does " select the first value the additional values to select would be immediately available", so the problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2021, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

4) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if find anything

shortcoder2.JPG
shortcoder.JPG

I can install the duplicator package file in my localhost, when I edit one "Wax" post, I see PHP error in my chrome browser, which comes from the Shortcoder plugin, see my screenshot shortcoder.JPG

After deactivate "shortcoder" and "Avada Builder" plugins, it works fine, see my screenshot shortcoder2.JPG

So it should be a compatibility issue, can you confirm it in your website? thanks

I did as you suggested and it still didn't work, so I once again deactivated all plugins, except Toolset, and switched to a default theme and it's still not work. This is very strange. Also the data associated with the repeater fields are not populating the dropdowns on the front end for the search field as it does with the normal custom fields.

Please provide a test site with the same problem, fill below private message box with the test site login details, I can setup a demo for you, thanks

I have tried these in your website:
1) Deactivate plugin "Avada Builder", and it works fine
2) Activate plugin "Avada Builder",
3) Dashboard-> Avada-> Options-> Builder Options
in section "Post Types", disable option "Wax"
Please test again, check if the problem is fixed, thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.