Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Searching by distance between locations

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Doug Watt 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

This ticket refers to the same site in this ticket: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/making-map-markers-active-with-a-link-to-the-post/#post-2620547

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am developing a directory site for dog-friendly business across Australia. The archive displays the location of the listing in the directory on Google Map. I have established three search filters, but would also like to allow filtering by distance. The distance would be "distance from current location" OR "distance from a different location".

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/filtering-and-ordering-map-markers-by-distance/

In this documentation, the following is included:
Scroll to the Filter Editor section, click on the New filter button and in the dialog that appears, click the Distance button. A dialog with all the options for your distance filter appears. It allows you to customize the default radius, change labels for displayed controls and more."
I simply can't find the Filter Editor section.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot why the distance filter option is not available in your view, I'll need to see how this view and the address type custom field are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

I have relooked at this and it seems that the distance filter is only available when using a VIEW. Up until now, I haven't used a VIEW to construct the archive of the Listing post type.
Is it correct to say that the distance filter is only available if I use a VIEW to built the searchable archive for display on a page??

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details and your observation is correct.

Currently, the distance-based search and ordering options are available in views, but not in the WordPress Archives.

We have an internal ticket to include this in the archives as well and I've added your voice to this matter too.

For now, a workaround that you can use is to create a regular search page with the view in it and redirect the archive page to that search page.

Many thanks, Waqar.
That answers my questions.
It would be very good to be able to add the distance filtering in the WordPress Archive.

Kindest regards,
Doug
====

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.