Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Resource library no longer displaying. Was working fine last week.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Our resource library of 213 items was displaying just fine last week. No one has accessed the backend of the site in the interim, but now none of the library items are displaying! Just a blank page. We've tested for possible plugin interference with no positive result. Please help!!

Today screenshot.png
last week.png

Here are two screenshots - one from today with the library missing, and another from last week with the library displaying.

Hello,

How do you setup the " library of 213 items"? with Toolset plugins or other plugins?
Please provide detail steps to reproduce the problem.
And you can provide a test site with the same problem, fill below private message box with test credentials, also point out the problem page/post URLs.

Thanks for the details, I can login into your website, and see the problem.

The problem URL hidden link
It is a WordPress Archive page, and you are using Divi builders to design it:
hidden link

According to our document:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-divi/#how-to-use-divi-and-toolset-together
section "How to use Divi and Toolset together"
Divi provides its own custom editor for building pages. Toolset on the other hand uses WordPress’s built-in Block Editor. In general, you cannot mix elements from these two editors.

It is not recommended to use two page builders to design same page.

I suggest you disable/remove Divi builders from the that archive page, and follow our document to design it:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-archive-page/

Thank you for this reply. Unfortunately, this suggestion doesn't fully align with the problem we're having. We haven't set up the archives page with divi, just the header and footer. And last week, with this exact setup, the resource library worked just fine. This seems to have happened after the most recent WordPress update. Any chance something changed with that update that we should be considering?

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 3.30.59 PM.png

More specifically, the “theme builder” being active on the archive page for resources simply is calling in the tool set created view for the resources archive, essentially all it is saying is "please use toolset to build this view”, no actual design or functionality for the resources page exists here. See attached.

Please check the document I mentioned above, it is not recommended to use Divi + Blocks editor to design the same WordPress Archive page.

Even it worked in old version of plugins, but in order to Avoid more unexpected results, it is not recommended to use two page builders to design same page.

Luo,

I appreciate your continued insight into this problem. We have rolled back the site to backups for days that we know for sure the resource library was working, and still, the library is not working. We have removed the Divi theme component that you pointed out, so there is no longer a mix of divi and toolset. Would you be willing to give it another look and help us find a solution?

Our advanced search page (hidden link) is working just fine, but the main archives page still will not display (hidden link).

Thanks for the details, I am checking it in your website, will update here if find anything

299100646_1111361833124769_2448394184004369223_n.jpg
299298897_1760326554315228_4573379262875680649_n.png

Ok, thank you. FYI, if you follow the "edit with Toolset" menu option (located in the WP admin bar that is visible when logged into the site), you can clearly see that all the Toolset content is there and visible on the backend. However, the content will not display when you have closed the editor and you are viewing the page on the frontend. Please see attached screenshots. This site is currently open to the public and is the main feature of the website. We would greatly appreciate your swift support in resolving the issue.

resources.jpg

I have checked again in your website:
1) Your website is using the latest version of Toolset plugins
2) The problem page:
hidden link
It works fine, see my screenshot resources.jpg

Is this problem resolved? if it is fixed, this might be a cache issue, since your website is using other cache plugin, you can clear the cache after you make any change in your website.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.