Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Relationship posts not showing

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lauraH-2 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Edit_TithList_‹_Squirrels_in_Pants_—_WordPress.png
McKee_1773_–_Squirrels_in_Pants.png
Edit_Content_Template_‹_Squirrels_in_Pants_—_WordPress.png

Tell us what you are trying to do? Display other posts that have a relationship.
What is the link to your site? hidden link
This is an example post type. I have 3 post types created with Toolset
1. TithLists (List)
2. Source (of the list)
3. People (on the list)-known as Tithables

I have worked with relationship posts before with no problem, but for some reason am having trouble with this on two different test sites I have tried. There are two problems - both with the relationships. I am creating a Content Template for Lists.
1. Under Source, on the template it is showing the correct source, but on the live page, it is showing the title of the current post, rather than the source it is related to. I have attached two screenshots below.
2. At the bottom of the page, I'm trying to show a list of people (3rd custom post type) who are on that list. I set up a relationship and added people. (See third screenshot) I then created a View that should show those people, but no people are showing either the Content Template or the live post, which you can see at the bottom of the page here: hidden link
Thank you for any help you can give me.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see exactly how this content template and views are set up in the backend.

Can you please share temporary admin login details in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I noticed that in the view "List Source", the "Fields and Text" block was placed outside the "View Loop" block.
( screenshot: hidden link )

As a result, it was showing the information from the current "TithLists" post and not from the "Sources" posts from the view.

I've dragged this block inside the view's loop and it is now showing source post information.

Note: Currently, there is just one "Sources" post on the website, but the way this view is set up it will show all posts from this post type. To limit them only to the related posts of the current "TithLists" post, you'll also need to add a "Query Filter" for the post-relationship.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

My issue is resolved now. Thanks for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.