Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Query Filters empty in a View

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davelow 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 12.28.53 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 12.55.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 12.52.44 PM.png

I am trying to:
I am trying to Edit a previously set Query Filter (in this case a post relationship filter)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
I expect to see the previously set filter.

Instead, I got:
The Query Filter section is empty. On inspection (trying to set the filter again) the post relationship filter is not available).

Other Info:
In trying a page reload, sometimes the query filter will show up, sometimes it wont.

What could be causing this? thank you for your time.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I tried to access the website's admin area, but it keeps showing the message:
"ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?"

Can you please check the username and password again?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

As a basic troubleshooting step, please also test this with all extra plugins disabled and the default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.
( especially test without any cache or optimization plugins which may be active )

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on this and will be able to share my findings within the next few hours.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting and here are my findings.

The view named 'Attendee' is created and placed on the content template named '#Events Single Related Views'. But this content template is not assigned to any post type.

In the blocks-based views, for the relationship query filter to work as correctly, it is important that the template is assigned to the single post page of either the parent or child post type in the relationship.

Also since you're using the views inside the page content created in the Elementor page builder, it is recommended to use classic/legacy editor views. The blocks-based views are designed to work with the default Gutenberg block editor.

Any views that need to be placed in the Elementor template or page content, you can recreate them using the classic/legacy views editor and the relationship query filter will be available as expected.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.