Skip Navigation

[Closed] publishpress and toolset (and oxygen builder)

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-and-publishpress-authors-compatibility/
it got closed without an answer on the general functionality

we would love to have this working ...
i also found this ...
hidden link
but that is not helping me.

are there any news about how to get this plugin working so it shows the several authors in the meta ?

thanks in advance.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've tested the "PublishPress Authors" plugin on my website and it worked as expected with the post types added through the Toolset Types.
( screenshot: hidden link )

All I had to do was enable the support for those post types from WP Admin -> Authors -> Settings -> General.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Please let me know how it goes and if the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details of your website.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

hi Waqar,
thanks for your quick answer. as i have seen in your first screenshot, you just had one author. i am asking for having more than one author for a post, and i would like to see those authors in the meta of an archive page as well as in the meta of a sinple post.
some themes, pls see the link in the initial post, need child-themes to be able to show more than one author.
the formu link of toolset that i sent is closed without a solution.
thanks in advance

klaus

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for writing back and let's address each matter, one at a time.

Reading through your comments in this and the previous ticket, I thought that you're not seeing the author section from the "PublishPress Authors" plugin on the post edit screen (admin area) of Toolset Types post types. That is why I shared the screenshots showing that the author section does show up for those post types.

If you're also seeing the author section on the post edit screen (admin area), then the next point is how to make multiple users available in that section.

It turns out, that the "PublishPress Authors" plugin doesn't show all the users in that multiple author selection field. Only users which have been mapped with the "Author" taxonomy term at WP Admin -> Authors will be available in the list of authors.

The last part is how to show these multiple authors on the front-end, for example in a single post and archive pages. As the "PublishPress Authors" plugin stores them in form taxonomy terms, you can use the "wpv-post-taxonomy" shortcode, just as for the other taxonomies:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-taxonomy

Example:

[wpv-post-taxonomy type="author"]

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

hi there, thanks for your answer ... could you please be more detailed? as i use toolset, is this then a toolset thing? or as i use toolset in combination with a theme, does it then depend on the theme ?
thanks for your helping
best wishes

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

> could you please be more detailed?

- I'd be happy to explain this further, but I'll need to understand exactly which part is not working or clear from my last message.

Have you followed the suggestions from the last message? You're also welcome to share temporary admin login details of your website so that I can see what is working and what is missing.

Note: Your next reply will be private please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the admin access details. Also include the link to an example page, where you'd like to display this information about the multiple authors.

> as i use toolset, is this then a toolset thing? or as i use toolset in combination with a theme, does it then depend on the theme ?

- The support for multiple authors for a post, is a feature added by the "PublishPress Authors" plugin. The good news is that I couldn't find any compatibility issue between this plugin and Toolset, so you can use them together.

The topic ‘[Closed] publishpress and toolset (and oxygen builder)’ is closed to new replies.