Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset and PublishPress Authors compatibility?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm using Toolset and need to add multiple authors per post. PublishPress Authors offer the functionality and on the plugin's settings page I can enable support for the CPTs I've created with Toolset. However, the Authors section does not appear at all when I edit my CPTs. Thank you

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please make sue that option "Author" is checked at:
=> Toolset => Post Types => Edit your post type => Under section "Sections to display when editing "

Save you post type and then do you see Author dropdown?

Hi Minesh,

I am able to see the WP Author field in the "Status & Visibility" section when the option is checked, as you suggested. I am also able to force the Author dropdown to show up through functions.php call for a particular custom post type.

What I am not able to see is the additional Authors section, which is provided by the PublishPress Auhors plugin (allows for multiple authors per post and guest authors as well), and it 's supposed to show up as an additional panel.

When I edit a WP Post type, the additional Authors panel shows up in the sidebar, and when I check the Preferences, I am able to check/uncheck the visibility of the Panel.

However, when I edit a Toolset post, there is no Authors panel to expose under Preferences, and it's not listed as an option under "Sections to display when editing" either.

I am still very new to using Toolset and the PublishPress plugins, but was under the impression that both are widely used and integrated. And if not, I was hoping to find at least something about compatibility that's been covered already, but so far no luck.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

We do not have any official integration with the plugin "publishpress" but it should work.

Can you please share admin access details and tell me with what post type you want to see multiple authors dropdown.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset and PublishPress Authors compatibility?’ is closed to new replies.