Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Properly Implement Job Application for a Job Posting

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have created the ability for my user "Employer" to post a job to my site. I have also created a job application form wherein jobseekers can apply for the job. I seem to be really really really struggling with figuring out how to get the job application to become related to the job post. I think I have to possibly create a relationship form for the job application instead? But then how do I get custom fields in the job application form?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-relationship-forms-for-connecting-posts/
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

For what you're planning, you can add a new custom post type "Job Applications" and with this post type, you can add the custom fields to collect the information that you need with each job application.

To join Jobs and Applications, you can create a one-to-many relationship between the "Jobs" and "Job Applications" post types, so that one job can have many applications.

This will allow you to create a form to add a new "Job Applications" post, which job seekers will fill and submit to send their applications.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Which I have done, but it doesnt appear that the relationship has been created.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

Can you please make sure that the relationship has been created as explained in this guide:
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1729031-1727273/

I'll be happy to review how these elements have been set up on your website, if you could share temporary admin login details.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and glad that it is sorted now.

I've checked your website's post relationships section and the 3 relationships seem to be added correctly.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.