Skip Navigation

[Closed] Post reference field not saving on just one post

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi! I have a content type, location, with a post reference field pointing to another content type, people. I'm trying to update this field for one of my locations, and it won't save. I can click into the field and choose a person, but when I hit save, the selection is gone. This only happens with that one location - I've tested several others, and I'm able to make and save changes to the field for all other locations. I've tried connecting to a handful of different people, and the same thing happens with all of them. I've tested it on our live, staging, and development sites, all with the same results. I tried clearing out all the other content from that location on my development site in case there was some kind of conflict - no difference. I've tested in three different browsers, same thing. Help?

Thanks!
Sarah

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Do you see any error or warning, in the browser's console or in the server's error logs? I'll recommend temporarily turning on WordPress debugging and then checking the error log when the field content is not saved.
( ref: https://wordpress.org/documentation/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ )

In case there are no errors or warnings, you can see if recreating the post solves this.
( i.e. permanently delete the post and then add it again )

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

The topic ‘[Closed] Post reference field not saving on just one post’ is closed to new replies.