Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Page content not rendered, displaying latest post/ post archive instead

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I am trying to: Make my pages designed with Avada / Fusion builder display somehow!

Please see my previous (I hope still active) ticket here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cant-see-custom-post-archive-layout/. Because I suspected having a permalink issue on that development site referenced in the previous ticket, I created a new one with a clean installation, at the link given above.

My problem is that pages designed with Avada Fusion builder will not display. If I set my Toolset -- Settings -- Layout -- What to display if no layout is assigned to content to "What the theme would output" my static pages with content created in Avada / Fusion Builder are displaying either the latest post or a post archive instead of the page content. If I set it to A blank page with a message then I of course I get the message I should create a layout for pages.

When I create a layout for pages I get prompted that "A template file that supports layouts is not available for the "Page" post type.Please check here (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/) to see how to set one up.", but said, ok, update my pages to use this new layout. Now I have a template for pages. So how do I display what I have on my pages created with Fusion Builder? I tried adding a post content cell. And here again, instead of getting my actual content from the page, I see the latest post and getting desperate.

I read these threads / docs:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/style-conflicts-with-bootstrap-and-3rd-party-plugins-or-themes/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/the-content-cell/
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-and-avada-theme-layouts-and-custom-templates-without-coding/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/

But i'm still hopeless.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: any page really (hidden link)
Please also see the screenshots
Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Alina

This doesn't appear to be a Toolset issue.

I visited your site and, yes, I was confused by what I saw.

To take a concrete example, I visited the page "Emergencies" on the front end. This page has no content, so I wouldn't expect to see any content, but saw the posts archive instead.

I switched themes to twentyseventeen, and still saw it.

So, in turn, I disabled Layouts, Views, and Types, (i.e. all of the Toolset plugins), and still see the same problem.

So I disabled all of your plugins and still see the problem.

I can't account for it.

It may be that you have something wrong with your WordPress installation.

I suggest you make a new WordPress install, add some test content, add Toolset and your other plugins to confirm that things work normally, and if that is the case export your content from the original site to this site.

(A short cut for the above would be to make a new WordPress install and then use the All-in-One WP Migration plugin to export/import the content.)

As an aside, if you are using the Avada page builder, you probably don't need Layouts on your site and should just use Avada to design your individual pages and the Content Templates for your post types.

This is exactly what I have done - I made a new development subdomain, a fresh WP install, have exported a few things from my previous dev site thinking it should be a WordPress problem. So I don't know what to do more, I followed the exact steps you recommend.

Nigel
Supporter

With the new WordPress install, have you tested this first without importing any content?

- Install WP with twentyseventeen.
- Create a few test posts.
- Create a test page with no content.
- View that page on the front end. Works correctly?
- Install Avada and fusion builder.
- Try your test page again. The result is the same (a page with no content)?
- Install Types and Views.
- Test page still look okay?
- Install ACF.
- Use WordPress export and import tools to export posts from source site to new site.
- Imported page looks okay?
- Use the Toolset exporter/importer to import settings for Types and Views
- Test and import page still look okay?

You should be close to having the full site running by this point.

If you try the above, please report if and when it fails.

empty page.PNG
content page.PNG

I have followed the exact steps and have done that twice; so everything works fine (I can see both the empty page and the content pages) until the very last two steps:
- Use the Toolset exporter/importer to import settings for Types and Views

After importing the Types settings, everything breaks and instead of either the content / my empty page I get a post archive

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Alina

I visited your site again thinking to take a copy for myself and install locally for testing, but I get a 500 server error when trying to visit the staging site /wp-admin/ page.

Can I get new credentials from you and I'll look again?

(Next reply is private.)

Dear Alina,

Nigel is on holiday, I can see the problem in your website, here are what I found:
1) Deactivate all plugins include Types & Views plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2017, but the problem still persists,
2) So it should be a permalink problem, I tried this:
Dashboard-> Settings-> Permalink
click "save" button, it fixed
3) Then activate plugins/theme again, please check if it is fixed in your test site.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.