Skip Navigation

[Resolved] P and BR tags stripped out in WYSIWYG custom fields …

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have created a front end form using Gravity Forms and Custom Post Types to allow my client to upload new custom post entries for TENANTS.

I have two fields, one is SHORT DESCRIPTION which is called for the EXCEPTS view and the second is DETAILED DESCRIPTION which is called when they click on READ MORE and the detailed post is displayed.

If I use the standard WYSIWYG post field in WordPress, paragraph and break tags are respected. When I use these custom fields, all the text flows together unless we manually enter the HTML tags to separate lines by paragraphs.

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Woody

Dear Woody,

It might be a compatibility problem, some other plugins/theme might be able to strip out P and BR tags of WYSIWYG custom fields, and there is an option to disable it by adding attribute "suppress_filters", for example:

[types field="my-wysiwyg" suppress_filters="true"][/types]

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#wysiwyg
suppress_filters:
'true' | 'false' (default)

This solution did not work on multiple attempts. We changed our post type over to using the default WYSIWYG post field and replace our secondary exerpt field with post excerpts instead. This used to work perfectly fine several versions back so not sure what busted in recent updates.

I have the same issue. suppress_filters is not working.

Fields are setuped via Toolset, no other plugins installed.

The normal Visual Enters are working, but the output shows everything on one line. I did deactive all other plugins for testing purposes. same issue.

@woody I see that the ticket is closed without being handled.
I think that you can help Luo to figure our if there is an issue so that he can put his hands on it and help you.

If you still need assistance, please post a message here to notify us that you still need help or you can also open a new ticket and we will help you with pleasure.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.