Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Notifications not going out in language of original post

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 35 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello,

Waqar is on vacation, please update here if you still need assistance for it, thanks

Hi

Unfortunately, the results of my test last week were inconclusive. I have set up a different test and will update today with the results. I need to await the delivery of the timed notifications coming in by email.

Kind regards
Simon

I have marked this thread as "Waiting for feedback" status, you can update here when you need more assistance for it.

Hi Luo

I ran a few tests yesterday, and it appears that the while the email notifications are not going out in the secondary language (due to the code snippet suppress-language-duplicate-expiry-notifications), that one of the notifications is going out twice, the other one once.

In my tests using German only:
- the 1st reminder went out in German only, then the 2nd one an hour later with the first one again.

I've just created a Job Ad in english just now - the notifications go out in about 3h time. I'd like to see if English is behaving the same way.

I opened another ticket yesterday (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/expired-post-email-notifications-not-populated-correctly-with-post-specific-data/) in which I'm asking for clarity on the correct syntax for placeholders in CRED forms. That would make testing of this ticket so much easier, since it would allow me to put post-specific stuff (especially the title) in the notifications.

If you have time to take that ticket, it would help us on this one too. I didn't want to add it into this ticket to keep the issues separate.

Kind regards
Simon

For the new question

(due to the code snippet suppress-language-duplicate-expiry-notifications), that one of the notifications is going out twice, the other one once.

Can you deactivate the code snippet "suppress-language-duplicate-expiry-notifications", and test again?
Where did you get those custom codes?

And I have already taken your new ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/expired-post-email-notifications-not-populated-correctly-with-post-specific-data/

HI Luo

I got the snippet from this ticket: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/notifications-not-going-out-in-language-of-original-post/#post-1980561

I can also confirm results of my testing yesterday:
The language duplicate notifications are being suppressed correctly, however the 1st reminder goes out, then when the 2nd reminder goes out and hour later, the 1st reminder is sent again.

I will deactivate the snippet now and create a couple of Job Ads to test it. We'll have to wait til this afternoon for the results. I will get you updates on our other tickets in the meantime.

Kind regards
Simon

Hi Luo

In our latest testing this issue is not happening anymore. This can be closed. The snippet provided by Waqar seems to be working with the latest Toolset Forms update.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.