Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Notifications not going out in language of original post

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 35 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the update and it is strange you're still getting the duplicated expiry notifications.

Do I have your permission to test this on your website?
( hidden link )

I already have the admin access details, but it would help if you could also share FTP access details.

Note: I have set your next reply as private.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

When I try to use the FTP access details through FileZilla, I keep getting the message:

FATAL ERROR: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)
Error:	Could not connect to server

Can you please get in touch with your hosting support team to assist you with setting an FTP account that would work with FileZilla?

Note: Your next reply will be private.

Hi Waqar

I have contacted my host. I tried myself with FileZilla and also wasn't able to get a connection.

I will edit this private message once they get back to me. Is the WebFTP I sent you should not working either?

Kind regards
Simon

Waqar
Supporter

Sure, I'll wait for that and I can confirm that the FTP details that you shared earlier don't work from the browser, either.

Hi Waqar

I have updated the credentials in the previous private reply and have tried them myself in FileZilla and they work, as long as you choose "Require explicit FTP over TLS" (see screenshot in private reply). The folder on the server that you are connecting to is /html/dev for your reference.

Please let me know if you are having any further difficulties connecting.

Kind regards
Simon

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you and I can confirm that the FTP access is working now.

I'll be performing some tests and will share my results with you, as soon as I can.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Simon,

I apologize for the delay in getting back on this.

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be resuming the testing on your server and will be able to share my findings by end of the day today.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Thank you for waiting as this investigation turned out fairly complex.

Reviewing what you've shared and the test results from yours and my test website, here are my findings.

1. Duplicated form notifications for expiry:

The first challenge was that for every Nany Ad post, two expiration notifications were being sent, because, your website automatically creates duplicates in the other language.

The code that I shared earlier seems to have fixed that. On your website, I added two Nany Ad posts using two separate users in separate browsers. First in English and the other one in German.

a). On submit:

For both users, the "on submission" notifications were received in the correct language.

b). Before expiration:

Both users received only 1 (and not 2) "before expiration" notifications, however, the language for both was English. This means that the duplicated expiration notification is no longer being observed.

2. Incorrect language notification

During further testing on my test website, I was able to reproduce this behavior.

The string translation seems to apply to the subject and body text of the form notification if it is sent at the time of submission, but not if it is linked to post-expiration.

I've shared this with the concerned team for further review and will keep you updated through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar

Thanks for the update! That's good news that you were able to reproduce it locally.

Sorry I haven't got back to you on our other ticket (which has now closed) about the Avada child theme. They just updated Avada to 7.3 so I am gonna re-install the child theme using the latest version and follow your guidance from the ticket to ensure everything is working as it should.

Thanks and kind regards
Simon

Waqar
Supporter

You're very welcome and I'll keep you updated on the matter, through this ticket.

Hi Waqar

Have you any further updates on the progress of this bug? We will be going live in the coming weeks/months and would like to know the status.

Thanks and regards
Simon

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Thanks for checking in.

I'm happy to confirm that a fix for this issue is planned to be covered in the upcoming 2.6.10 version of the Toolset Forms plugin.

Although, I don't have the exact time estimate at the moment, I'll update through this ticket, once it is released.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

The fix for this issue has been covered in the latest release of Toolset Forms (2.6.10).

You're welcome to update and let us know, in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

HI Waqar

We have set up a test case and will await the expiry notifications. We have reduced the time to a few hours to allow for timezone issues etc.

I will let you know latest Friday if everything worked as planned!

Thanks and regards
Simon

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.