Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need Help in putting sorting option – taxonomy

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Author

Hi,

I have developed accommodation listing website and created Taxomonies -> Cities, Room Types and Property View type, i need to have 1 page showing all the properties and sorting option above all.

hidden link

I followed steps in help file but could not able to get Taxonomies to sort, please help

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting our support forum!

Unfortunately, Toolset and WordPress don't support ordering/sorting the results by taxonomy. To achieve this you'll need some workaround. For example, you can add a new custom field named 'Property View Type' and make sure that the selected 'Property View Type' taxonomy term name is also stored in this new custom field as a value. As a result, you'll be able to order/sort the results using this custom field.

Another possibility would be to add a custom search in a View block, where you filter it by the desired taxonomies. Please check more information in our documentation related:

- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-view/#filter-the-list-of-posts

Regards,
Mateus.

Hi,

Got it!

As mentioned i have City and Travel Theme taxonomies and using these for all the post types.

Is there any way that i can use "City" as a unique custom filed and use across multiple post types, because it easy while adding new City names.

Second query is
hidden link
Images auto scroll not happening

-
Praveen

Awaiting for reply, taking quite long time to get response

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply and sorry about the late response, unfortunately my work schedule does not include weekend days.

Yes, this would be possible. You can create a custom field named 'City' and fill it with the selected 'Property View Type' taxonomy term name, so that is also stored in this new custom field as its value.

Moreover, you can also achieve this with custom code: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/. At this point, it would be necessary to configure it with some code customization. I'm afraid it is beyond the scope of this support forum (https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/) but we recommend that you check our contractors page: https://toolset.com/contractors/.

Regarding the other issue with the images you brought, may I kindly ask you to open a new ticket for this question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum as well as we avoid mixing lots of questions in one ticket.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi,

I could not understand reply.

I have created Custom field "City" and filed with Drop Down Values and applied to one post type

Now i want to this "City" field on different or different post type.

So that i can maintain unique filed across all the post types.

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

As a workaround, you can create a Post Field Group, assign it to the desired CPTs and then create the custom field correspondent to your taxonomy terms.

Please let me know if it is clear and solves the question. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.