Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Messed up DIVI styling when creating new post

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
A View uses a Content Template styled with Divi for its output. There is custom CSS added to the Divi modules, but the styling breaks on the front end when new posts are added.

Solution:
Disable static CSS file generation as described here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/messed-up-divi-styling-when-creating-new-post/page/2/#post-624902

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Robert

Thanks for that. The folder name is different on your site than on the copy of your site my colleague is working with.

In the code I shared can you change /cache/et/170/ to /cache/et/11/

Try that and see if it works. Meanwhile I'll speak to my colleague to see if he can update the code to allow for dynamic folders.

That seems to work. Can you explain the dynamic folder thingie…? And the significance of 11 versus 170? Thanks
Robert (Newbie to all this).

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Robert

There's not much I can tell you as it comes from Divi. They create stylesheets on-the-fly and store them in such folders, but I don't know how they determine what the folders are named.

I'll get back to you when I hear more from my colleague.

Nigel
Supporter

divi2.png
divi1.png

Hi Robert

This was escalated and reviewed by one of our developers, who noted that there are 3 possible fixes for this.

I looked at his suggestions and I think there is one option that makes sense for you in this case, so let me share that.

First, you can delete the custom code shared previously.

Then, go to the page where you insert the View in question (where the Content Template for the View output is designed with Divi).

As shown in the screenshot divi1 open the settings.

Then, as per screenshot divi2, disable the static CSS file generation.

There is a global setting for this, but you probably want to leave it intact for other pages, which are not affected by this issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.