Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Manage Existing CPT

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have a client site (it was custom developed) which features several Custom Post Types created via custom php functions. The site stores a big amount of data in these CPT. I see that Toolset Types does not recognize the manually created CPT. Is there any way to manage these CPT (and relative meta fields with their data) via Types plugin?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

1. Custom Post Types:

For custom post types registered through the PHP function, you can remove the relevant PHP function and then register the post type through the Toolset Types, ensuring that the post type 'slug' remains the same.

As long as the newly registered post type 'slug' is the same as the previous one, the already entered posts would become available under these newly registered post types.

2. Custom Fields:

For the custom fields, you can visit the "Post Field Control" section, to select them to be managed by Toolset.
( you'll see its button at the bottom of the custom fields groups management screen at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Custom Fields )

Relevant documentation link:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/convert-existing-custom-types-and-fields-to-types-control/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

Interesting solution. I already checked form fields with Toolset and I get this waring:

Toolset Types only allow fields with names containing lowercase alphanumeric characters, dashes and underscores. The following third party fields are not supported:

cdnProfile, gznArchived, gznArchiveUrl, gznCategoryArchiveId, gznCategoryArchiveName, gznOriginalUrl, gznToArchive, lastErrorVideo, lastSendVamvideo, publishType, snap_isAutoPosted, snap_MYURL, snapEdIT, snapFB, snapFB --, snapTW, sourceFileFtpPath, sourceFileNameVideo, sourceFilePathVideo, tsUploadVideo, vamvideoAutoplay, videoSkyId, videoSkyIsOnVam, videoSkyThumb, videoSkyTitle

What does this mean and how can I fix this?

Thanks for writing back.

If your existing custom field keys are in a format that is not supported, you can export them first as CSV data and then import them again, in custom fields defined by Toolset Types.

Several third-party import/export plugins can be used for this and you'll find useful guides on the topic at:
https://toolset.com/related-lesson/export-import/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.