Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Lost data input when username is already taken

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
2016-10-20_15-18-26.png

I am trying to:
Create a new user with Type extra fields on the user.

I visited this URL:
artcast.dk

If the username has been taken(WP gives: This username is already registered. Please choose another one.) all the types fields have i have entered are lost and i have to try a new username and then input all data again.

Hi,

This is Mohammed, the Toolset support team leader.

This ticket was somehow assigned directly to someone in our company out of the support team who can't provide support.

Please wait and one of our first tier supporters will reply to you.

Thanks.

Dear Mikkel,

It is expected result, there isn't such a feature within Types plugin, if you agree, we can take it as a feature request, and you can also use other plugin to check if the username is valid when you add new users, for example:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?type=term&q=username+check

i wouldn't call it expected result. More very bad UX 🙂
You have earlier agreed on same(about a year ago...):

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/entered-user-fields-values-lost-when-wordpress-validation-fails/

Furthermore your search suggestion on WP plugins on fixing it by installing a plugin doesn't seem to give any plugins that solves the username issue.
If you can give me the exact plugin that solves it, please do so.

Thanks for the link, I checked that thread, and found the feedback from our developers:
This is low priority, so no update at the moment. This is not a bug, but an usability issue that does not break functionality.

And it is in the to-do list of Types version 2.5, I am not sure when will it be released. I add this thread into our to-do list, hope it will be able raise the attention.

For other plugin, I am not sure which plugin can do similar username validation. if you can not too, you can also contact our certified partners for it:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.