Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Location Based Url's and How to achieve

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi there. I am thinking for a long time on how I can achieve to have the perfect Archive system for a medical directory website.

What I want to achieve:

1) For example I have Medical Facility, Doctors and Specialities and I want to display them in archives based on specialities and locations.
2) Post relationships are covered between each.
3) All Medical Facilities and Doctors should be displayed on my website based on locations and specialities. Means a URL for Medical Facilities would look like this hidden link.

The url for Doctors would look like this: hidden link

4) If I were to browse locations I must find Medical Facility or Doctors based on location selected. A url could look like this: medz.ro/locations/county/city
5) If I were to browse the category clinics from medical facility it should show like this: medz.ro/medical-facility/clinics/county/city
6) I want to be able to use taxonomy terms like City, County, Neighborhood dynamically inside titles, descriptions and so on for all listings.

How can I achieve this? Should I make Medical Facility, Doctors and Sepcialities as taxonomies or CPT? I can handle the paermalinks using permalink manager plugin. But in order to have the desired permalinks, I depend on the taxonomy terms to be used in titles, descriptions and so on.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I am documented

Is there a similar example that we can see?

It is found on my website medz.ro. Let me know if you need me to make an admin so you can see.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

This question doesn't directly relate to Toolset plugins but revolves around how custom permalink rewrite rules can be managed with WordPress and the permalink manager plugin. But we do our best to guide in the right direction, whenever possible.

Based on what you've shared there are two main data items, for which you'll need two custom post types:

1. Medical Facilities
2. Doctors

To organize/categorize these data items, you'll need these custom taxonomies, attached to those custom post types:

1. Specialities
2. Cities
3. Counties
4. Neighborhoods

This way, you'll be able to add each taxonomy item in the URL node/structure as needed, while adding the rewrite rules.

With this suggested setup, it will be possible to organize the medical facilities and doctors, on the basis of locations and specialties. However, if you also need a direct connection between them, you can also create a many-to-many relationship between the two custom post types.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this structure.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks for your suggestion!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.