Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Issue with Support > Technical Support not showing all open tickets

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Amit Kvint 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot 2020-08-11 at 20.56.10.png

Hi Support

I also wasn't able to create a new ticket for a while in Chrome, so I tried in Safari and it worked there, so cleared my Chrome cache and it worked again. 🤷🏻‍♂️ As you can see, I'm able to create new tickets again.

However, when I go to Support > Technical Support I should see the list of all open tickets, however I am only seeing 1 of 4 open tickets.

I see:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/sorting-by-last-modified-not-being-respected-on-front-end/ [Escalated to 2nd Tier]

But I should also see:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/ajax-not-working-correctly-with-wpml/ [Assigned]
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/sorting-controls-not-working-as-expected/ [Escalated to 2nd Tier]
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wpml-string-translations-not-being-respected/ [Escalated to 2nd Tier]

I can see all my tickets under Simon > My Support Tickets, but there's something wrong with the query for Support > Technical Support.

Kind regards
Simon

Screenshot 2020-08-11 at 21.08.35.png

Now I see 2 out of 5 (see screenshot)

Kind regards
Simon

Thanks for the report. I have escalated the issue to my Systems team who will investigate the problem and give me some feedback. I'll let you know what I find out.

HI Christian

Is this a general problem affecting all Toolset customers? Any updates from Systems? It's a bit annoying that it's still not working.

Thanks and best regards
Simon

I'm not sure, but I can ask for an update from my systems team. I have not yet received any feedback.

Hi Christian

Any updates here? Shouldn't this be an easy problem for Toolset to solve by just changing the query that produces the list of open tickets...?

Thanks and best regards
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately christian is currently unavailable.

I did a check on the escalated ticket for you and i'm not seeing where any updates have been made to the thread as yet.

What I did was to post an update on the thread asking the team responsible for any progress report.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Simon this issue should now have been resolved.

Hi Shane

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be resolved for me. When I go to Support > Technical Support I see zero open tickets, but I have 4 or 5 open tickets.

Kind regards
Simon

HI Shane

Another quick update here:
The ticket I just opened today is the only one appearing under Support > Technical Support, however it does not appear under my full list of support tickets Simon > My Support Tickets.

There still seems to be some inconsistency with both the queries used to display the list of tickets.

Kind regards
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 3.24.14 PM.png

Hi Simon,

I was informed by our systems team that only the tickets that were open in the last 30 days will show there.

For tickets older than that you will need to access them from the link below. This link should also your your current active support tickets as well.
https://toolset.com/forums/users/simonm-5/

See screenshot on where to find this link.

Please let me know if you're able to see your older tickets here.

Thanks,
Shane

HI Shane

Yes I know about that link. That's how I accessed the ticket to respond. I still feel it is not satisfactory:

Support > Technical Support states "These are your open tickets that we're already working on", but mentions nothing about 30 days or having to access other links.

Also, it would make sense that recently responded to tickets (like this one) would be visible at the top of the list immediately on logging in or accessing Support > Technical Support. I only caught your update by email by chance, otherwise I would have missed that and it would have auto-closed.

I honestly don't see any value for customers by hiding tickets older than 30 days old.

It would also be valuable to be able to sort tickets simply by their column titles, eg to sort all open/closed or filter out closed ones or filter by status or something. Now I am forced to have to scroll through pages of tickets to find all my open ones.

It seems crazy to me that Toolset is all about making good websites, but its own technical support site behaves this way.

(Please accept this as constructive feedback, I very much appreciate all the help I get from Toolset Support. You guys are awesome!)

Kind regards
Simon

Amit Kvint
Supporter

Hi Simon, Amit here, I am responsible for making our support system better.

Thanks for the comments, your points are valid, I will go over them and add to our development cycle anything that we are not already working on.

Have a nice day!
Amit