Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue with related posts views

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello,

I have created a view to show related CPT on the content template page, everything was fine. But I have realized that when I use the pagination arrows, it gets messed up.
The error appears if you click on the pagination to go back or when you reach the 3rd page.

You can check it here: hidden link
I have also recorded a video: hidden link

Thanks in advance for the support,

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I can see the issue and some script errors in the browser's console, which suggests some script incompatibility is involved.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need to see how this view with the slider items is set up in the admin area and you're welcome to share temporary admin login details in reply to this message.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

If you'll check the page with the slider and the content template "Experiences - Embedded", you'll see a number of script errors in the browser's console, originating from files from "Rank Math SEO" and "WP Rocket" plugins.

Also, on this cloudways staging website, server connection with the database constantly times out, resulting in more errors.

I suspect it is not a compatibility issue between the Kadence blocks and the Toolset and to investigate it, I can perform some more tests on your website's clone, once I have your confirmation from the other ticket.

Hi Waqar,

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I have just pulled data from live to staging again, don't know about the times out errors.

I will send you the authorization for copying the website in the other ticket.

Waqar
Supporter

As, I confirmed in the other ticket, I already have the website's clone.

I'll update you shortly about my tests around this slider view, too.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting as this investigation turned out more complex.

Although, I can see the issue with the post navigation and the layout of the slider view on your website's clone, but I couldn't reproduce the same on a clean test website.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further investigation and will keep you updated through this ticket.

For now, a workaround can be, to replace the "Row Layout" blocks from Kandence with the Toolset's "Grid" block to show the content in the columns.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting and I've heard back from the concerned team.

During further troubleshooting, we were able to narrow down the script conflict, to the file added from the "elfsight.com" service:

<script src="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"></script>

This script is added in the "Partner Reviews" field, and is showing in the content template using the shortcode:

[types field='partner-reviews' item='@partner-experience.parent'][/types]

If you'll remove this script from the field, the view's slider navigation will continue to work as expected.

You can report this script conflict with the "elfsight.com" support team, to see if they offer an alternative way to embed their ratings feature.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.