Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue with a map

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user encounters an issue with Toolset Maps. The map does not work at all.

Solution:
It turns out to be a compatibility issue with the Google Translator plugin. This has been fixed in Toolset code since then.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi Jamal,

Okay thanks I will try the thing with the containers.

Regarding installing the plugins on the test site: Sorry but how do I access the test site? Might be me who is stupid but where is it? 🙂

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

My apologies, I forget to share the one-click-login link to our test site. Just click on the following link and you would be logged in as an Administrator. Then install the required plugins and try to add a map to a page. If the issue is reproduced, we can confirm it is a bug. If it is not, I'll try to find the differences and understand them better.
hidden link

Thank you for your collaboration.

It's okay - I just installed the 3 plugins for you

Jamal
Supporter

On this test site, the issue was reproduced with only the Google Language Translator plugin. This is different from the copy of your website when I had to activate 3 plugins to reproduce the issue. I'll check it further and get back to you.

Our developers have already fixed a similar issue, with the same error, that was reported for two other plugins, both use Google Translate.
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-maps-conflicts-with-jetpacks-google-translate-widget/
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/google-maps-doesnt-load-when-google-translate-is-included-on-the-page/

I am reporting this case too, to our 2nd tier for another evaluation. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Jamal,
Okay cool thanks - is there a way to let the ticket stay open? The robot says it will close soon

Jamal
Supporter

Of course. I am setting it as escalated to the 2nd Tier, which will keep it open until we got feedback about the release.

Hi Jamal, any news?

Would it be possible for me to disable som plugins temporarily until you guys fix the issue? If yes, which plugin? The google translate one?

Jamal
Supporter

Hello there,

The issue has been fixed in the development version. However, the plugins are not published yet.

As of now, the issue happens with multiple plugins that use the Google Translate services/API. In your case, it is the Google Language Translator plugin.

I'll set this ticket as fixed in the next release, so I can check it when the plugins are published and I will update here.

Hi Jamal,

When will the plugins be released? I will deactivate the plugin for now then and then when the release is out i will activate it again. That should work right?

Jamal
Supporter

Deactivating the plugin should work to recover the maps' features.

I don't know exactly when the release will be published, but it is coming in a few days. However, the devs may halt the publishing at the latest moment if they judge it still needs testing or it should wait for other fixes.

Anyway, once the release is published, I'll give it another try to make sure that's working as expected, and I'll inform you about it.

Thanks you Jamal - you can just login and activate the plugin again and do the test

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Mai, I just want to let you know that this issue was fixed in last week's update. ** Please make a full backup before updating the plugins on your website. **

I confirmed that the issue was fixed on a new site, you can check it here hidden link

Hi Jamal,
Okay thanks! I will try and activate the translate plugin again and see what happens.

Hi again Jamal,

when i activate the translate plugin the map still won't work. If the plugin is deactivated the map works fine. I deactivated the plugin again. Can you please help?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.