Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Information on pages has dissapeared and we can’t add pages anymore

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: We recently updated the site and now I cannot edit the post content. I see a message that Layouts are being used to design the site instead of a post editor.

Solution: Deactivate and delete the Toolset Layouts plugin.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by estherL 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
event-backend.jpg
addnewpage.jpg

Hi,
I've issued an problem before: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/renewing-subscription-on-website-doesnt-work-so-cant-change-website-anymore/

Now I want to add forms to my pages with gravity forms and add a few other pages to my website but get all kinds of errors, things we never had before until our website manager updated wordpress and we renewed our license with toolset.

When I add a page, it says "The content editor is not displayed because Layout for Pages layout does not contain shortcodes or cells displaying message content." This has never been an issue, all worked well before. (see attached image)

When I go to our evenst page, the image appears to be missing (hidden link) and when I click on an event, all info on the page has dissapeared (hidden link). The page only shows a header image and thats it, even though in the backend there is information (see other attached image) and forms on the page.

Could you please help us? We have an event for which the ticketsales soon have to begin and if this is not solved we can't.

Thanks in advance

Esther

Hi, it looks like the Toolset Layouts plugin is active on your site. Perhaps deactivating the Layouts plugin will solve the problem? It's possible that you had Layouts installed at one point and abandoned it, but it was reactivated unnecessarily. I would try deactivating it first to see if the results are more like what you expect. If that does not solve the problem, I'll need to take a closer look.

pageevent.jpg
mising-images.jpg
event-backend.jpg

Thank you for your quick response!

I've deactivated toolset layout and now can add new pages again so thank your for that but the events still do not work. This page hidden link for example should contain all the text in the screenshot below but only shows 2 images.

Okay great, it seems that the Toolset Layouts plugin is not needed on your site. I suggest deleting the plugin from Plugins > Installed Plugins to prevent confusion in the future.

In your screenshot, I can see that you have a Content Template (Dutch - Inhoudssjabloon) applied to this Event post. It's in the top right corner, with the template "Evenementen layout" selected.
- Are you familiar with how Toolset's Content Templates work? If not, I suggest reviewing this quick lesson covering Content Templates: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-templates-to-display-custom-posts/
- When a Content Template is applied to a post, the design on the front-end is controlled by the Content Template.
- You can edit the Content Template to change the design of this post on the front-end of the site, but this will also change the design of any other post where this Content Template is assigned.
- You can unassign the current Content Template and choose "None" instead. That will result in the post contents being displayed on the front-end of the site as they are shown in the post editor screen. This will not change the design of any other post.
- You can create a new Content Template and assign the new template to this post. This will not change the design of any other post.

Thank you! For now it works when i select the layout on none. Our eventpages do not have a very advanced layout. I will review the content template designer later. Because I had to deactivate the toolset account, does this mean we actually don't really need the subscription ?

Because I had to deactivate the toolset account, does this mean we actually don't really need the subscription ?
Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Why did you have to deactivate the toolset account? My suggestion was to deactivate the Toolset Layouts plugin only, not the entire account. You'll still need a Toolset subscription to continue getting software updates for the other plugins.

I'm sorry i meant deactivate the toolset layout plugin. I see now there are more plugins from toolset installed on our account.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.