Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Importing checklist items

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

jww

I created a checklist item "wpcf-checklist-1"
Let's say the options are
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3
Item 4

I want to import to that post type from a CSV.
In my CSV file, the column wpcf-checklist-1
Has item 1, item 2, item 3, item 4

Will that import properly to the checkbox options if they match exactly?

When I export one sample post of the new post type, the checkbox field shows up in the export column not clean like that but like
a:2:{s:64:"wpcf-fields-checkboxes-option-770d577d00565b23770017d8102bcebb-1";a:1:{i:0;s:9:"Crew Base";}s:64:"wpcf-fields-checkboxes-option-a7fb5c141a218ac2a63f17338b0f075f-1";a:1:{i:0;s:16:"Maintenance Base";}}

So it doesn't seem like if i import where the column lists the items plain text way it would import properly or will it?

jww

All I am finding is the WP All Import pro Toolset Add on, which I have purchased for $50. It doesn't actually work with checkboxes.

Surely there is a way to import into Toolset from a csv for checkbox choices? Radio buttons? Select items?

Hi,

As you noted, the data of the 'checkbox', 'checkboxes' and the 'radio' type fields is stored in the serialized format.

There is no direct or simple method/function available that can be used to convert the simple text data from a CSV file into this serliazed format during the import.

Here is a workarounds that you can use. Instead of a single 'checkboxes' type field with multiple options, you can add multiple 'select' type fields and then use 'yes/no' options for each of them.

For example, if you needs to work with these 4 checklist items:

Item 1
Item 2
Item 3
Item 4

You can add 4 'select' type fields, with two options; yes or no

a). Item 1 (options: yes and no)
b). Item 2 (options: yes and no)
c). Item 3 (options: yes and no)
d). Item 4 (options: yes and no)

Since the select field's data is stored in simple text format, you'll be able to import yes/no values through their respective columns in the CSV file.

regards,
Waqar

jww

That doesn't seem like very good option. Toolset seems very limited to me in many ways.

How do you make a select field be a multi-select field?

jww

Once you delete a custom field name (select type), how do you remove it from the database entirely so you can use it again with a different field type?

Thanks for writing back.

> How do you make a select field be a multi-select field?
- Toolset Types offers a 'select' type field, but not a 'multi-select' type.

The details about the available field types are available at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

> Once you delete a custom field name (select type), how do you remove it from the database entirely so you can use it again with a different field type?

To recreate or permanently delete an already created custom field, you can visit the "Post Field Control" section.
( you'll see its button at the bottom of the custom fields groups management screen at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Custom Fields )

In order to recreate a custom field with the same slug, you'll have to remove it from this section first.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.