Skip Navigation

[Resolved] If I enabled views I see only Header and footer from astra theme

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by André Linde 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-24 um 07.48.55.png

Hi,

I use the Astra Theme, Types and views with elmentor pro and the plugin Custom Skin to loop output my archives in elementor because it a little bit easier for me. Before I Have use elementor I have used wp Bakery Page Builder that was easier for me too.

I have found this documenttion
"If you are using Elementor to design templates for your custom post types, do not assign a Content Template and an Elementor Template to the same content.

Also, do not insert an Elementor Template into a View’s Loop Item or Content Template. If you need to use an Elementor Template in the Views Loop, add it directly within the wpv-loop tags. At the same time, make sure that the posts in the Views Loop are not using Content Template for styling."

I have only content templates created but not assign to ay post or archive .I have no view created and no archive created in types and views. But If I open the archive page I created with elementor pro and the custom skin plugin and open the page I hsee only the header and footer and not the body with the content. The same problem I have too if I use anywhere elementor.

The problem is I need the flexibility from types and views 🙂 with these shortcodes [wpv-post-body view_template="buecher-werte"]

can you help me to solve this?

best regards
André

Hello,

According to our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/design-archive-pages-for-custom-post-types/

Elementor templates do not allow you to design the archive pages for custom post types.

You might consider to design the archive page without Elementor page builder, for example:
Designing archives without any page builder
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/customize-post-archives/

Hi Luo,

I don't understand it right. With anywhere elementor and custom skin loop plugin I can create elementor archive pages. But if I enabled views than I become the page without body only header and footer I can see. If I disable views than it works. But I need my custom templates that I create in views.

I think I make anything wrong

can you help me again?

best regards
Andre

Since it is a compatibility issue, please provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the duplicator package in your own google drive disk, and share the link, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if there is anything found.

Buchkategorie.JPG

Your website is using higher version of MYSQL server, so it takes time to install the duplicator, I can see the same problem with your duplicator package, the problem persists after I deactivate other plugins and switch to theme 2020.

But according to our workflow, for such kind of compatibility problem, we need to provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem in a fresh WordPress installation. Here are detail steps I tried, please correct me if there is anything missing:
1) In a fresh WordPress installation(Version 5.3), install Elementor + Elementor Pro + Toolset Types + Toolset Views
2) Create a custom post type "buch" + custom taxonomy "buecher"
3) Dashboard-> Templates-> Add new, create a Elementor template for taxonomy archive page "buecher"
4) Create some "buch" posts, test taxonomy archive page "buecher" in front-end, I can see it works fine, see screenshot: Buchkategorie.JPG

Do you have any clue to duplicate the same problem in a fresh WordPress installation?
Please provide detail steps, or it will be taken as an exception.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-28 um 19.00.19.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-28 um 19.00.07.png

Hi Luo,

thank you very much. I try the same now with a fresh installation and test it and there it works. I have compare the types and views settings and set the settings equal to both installations. If I use Anywhere Elementor Post Blocks than it works for custom Post Type "Erfahrungsberichte" but not for "Bücher" if I select "Bücher" than only the pagination is displayed please see the screenshots. I have compare the two custom post types settings Erfahrungsberichte and Bücher and the settings are equal. I have deinstalled and reinstalled views too. But it's always the same 🙁

have you another idea? I'm really confused about that.

best regards
Andre

Thanks for the details, I am checking it with your duplicator package in my localhost, will update here if there is anything found

I have tried these in your duplicator package:
1) Create another taxonomy "tax-buecher", register it to same post type "buch",
2) Create a Elementor template for taxonomy archive page "tax-buecher"

Test it in front-end, I can see it works fine. So the problem is not related with Blocks editor.

I suggest you try to create another taxonomy to replace the taxonomy "buecher", and test again.

Hi Luo,

I try this too:
1) Create another taxonomy "tax-buecher", register it to same post type "buch",
2) Create a Elementor template for taxonomy archive page "tax-buecher"

but it does work for me it's the same as before.

I try another thing.

1.Types and views enabled

I have create a new category "kat-buecher" register this category with post type Buch and the Buchkategorie unchecked with this post type. Then I creat inside kat-buecher a Category "Alkohol-Kat" Now I go to all listings. Mark all listings go to edit and check the new Category Alkohol-kat to all listings and click update. After update the category Alkohol-kat is not assign to the listings.

Now I have make the same with disabled views and that works. The archive page looks great. I don't know where is the problem. Is this possible that anything is wrong with views database?

best regards
Andre

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Luo is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket in Luo's absence. Hope this is OK.

I will download the package and get back to you as soon as I have updates on this.

I'll try to run the same steps as Luo mentioned and update you with my findings.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/if-i-enabled-views-i-see-only-header-and-footer-from-astra-theme/#post-1394049

Hi Minesh,

yes that is ok 🙂 thanks a lot

best regards
Andre

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I tried to deploy the duplicator package but unfortunately, I am not able to install a duplicator package as it fails with the collation "utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci".
=> hidden link

Can you please share admin access details so that I should try to create duplicator package on my own.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-04 um 12.59.23.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-04 um 12.58.03.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-04 um 12.55.51.png

Hi Minesh,

i think I have found the problem 🙂 the problem is that content templates are assigned to the custom post type "Bücher" but i don't need a content template. How can i switch to none for all my posts a one time? I have more than 100 posts and can not open one by one to edit the content template to none.

Please see the screenshots.

best regards
Andre

Hi Minesh,

and i can't remember that i have assigned the content templates to the post type.

best regards
Andre

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.