Skip Navigation

[Resolved] If Checkbox not selected value not displaying

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.04 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am sorry, the VPS had full storage. It is working now. If I can send you a PM I will give you the FTP credentials.

As I mentioned above, I need a copy of your website:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Please put the duplicator package into your own google drive disk, then share the link in the private post:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/if-checkbox-not-selected-value-not-displaying/#post-597001

I did complete duplicate of my website. Your credentials are in that private post.

I cant use the duplicator here. I used the copy the FTP to other FTP because it is not a standard worpdress but wordpress site collection. So please try again to debug on my site. It is running. Not too many redirects anymore.

checkbox3.JPG

Thanks for the details, I can login your website, but your website isn't in English and you did not point out the problem page URL, so I create a demo in your website to test the result:
1) Edit the view "Podkategorie verze produktů", remove the filters in it
hidden link
2) Put above view into a page, and test it in front-end:
hidden link

For example the product post: "Microsoft Office 365 Business" there are two items below the product title:

Plná verze Office pro PC nebo Mac s aplikacemi pro tablety a telefony (na 5 PC/MAC na uživatele)

1 TB pro ukládání a sdílení souborů

and it is same setting as you setup in the back-end:
hidden link
section "Post Relationship"
See screenshot checkbox3.JPG

Please correct me if there is anything missing, also point out the problem URL and view URL, where and how can I see the problem, what are the result you expected? thanks

Ok, that is cool that you can log in.

So the URL is: hidden link

And expected output is to see All checkboxes values. As you can see at these products:

Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium
Microsoft Office 365 Business Essentials

but you cant see it on product: Microsoft Office 365 Business.

You can try edit Microsoft Office 365 Business Essentials product image for example and you will lose the red values too.

OK, we can handle the question one by one.

The first problem:
but you cant see it on product: Microsoft Office 365 Business.

I assume we are talking about the product post:
hidden link

Please check it, in section "Post Relationship", there is only one child post "Office 365 Business", in the custom checkboxes field "Office 365 SMB Services" , you enabled only two options
a) Plná verze Office pro PC nebo Mac s aplikacemi pro tablety a telefony (na 5 PC/MAC na uživatele)
b) 1 TB pro ukládání a sdílení souborů

So Types shortcode [types ...] does output the values correctly, and it only display the checked option by default.

If you want to display those checkboxes options that disabled in the back-end, you will need to try the setup the Types shortcode with attribute "option" and "state":
For example:

[types field='office-365-services' option="0" state="checked"] option 0 is checked[/types] <br />
[types field='office-365-services' option="0" state="unchecked"] option 0 is NOT checked[/types] <br />
[types field='office-365-services' option="1" state="checked"] option 1 is checked[/types] <br />
[types field='office-365-services' option="1" state="unchecked"] option 1 is NOT checked[/types] <br />
[types field='office-365-services' option="2" state="checked"] option 2 is checked[/types] <br />
[types field='office-365-services' option="2" state="unchecked"] option 2 is NOT checked[/types]

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#checkboxes
option:
"zero-based index number"
e.g. option=”0″ Will output the value for the option number specified. For checkboxes, will display the checked valued of the nth checkbox in the group.

show.png

I think it is not viewing correctly. Look at the post field type checkboxes. It is set up for "Show one of these two values:"

Not selected:

<li class="not-included">Plná verze Office pro PC nebo Mac s aplikacemi pro tablety a telefony (na 5 PC/MAC na uživatele)
Selected:

<li class="included">Plná verze Office pro PC nebo Mac s aplikacemi pro tablety a telefony (na 5 PC/MAC na uživatele)

So why it display it right for 1st time and after updating something at product page it dissapear?

It is not usable for us, to do it by shortcodes. We will have hundreds of products with it own post field groups. I need to make it working.

Please. Do this and tell me:

WHY it displays correctly for example here: hidden link - in left sidebar

THEN: try to edit the product photo.

AND then tell me why it doesnt display it correctly anymore.

PLS. I am telling you again and again how I need to use it and you tell me again and again about some other problems, editing views, disabling view filters. I wrote a MEGA post with complete how to setup on my site. Did you tried it? Do you need something more?

If the truth is, that the checkboxes setting "Show one of these two values:" is not working well in the toolset view or layout, just tell me. I will cry for the time, because I developed this backend logic and it taked me a lot of time, but I take it, no worries. I just need to complete the page before 24.12. and dont have much time.

And I need to make it simple and automatic without tons of shortcode lines.

Thanks for clarification, the problem occurs when update the parent post, the custom checkboxes field of child post lost the settings, and I can duplicate same problem in my localhost, and escalated this thread to our 2nd tier supporters, our developers will work on it.

Currently, there is a workaround, you can create a content template "checkboxes-office-365-e-services", with codes as I mentioned above, for example:
hidden link

[types field='office-365-e-services' option="0" state="checked"]<li class="included">Plná verze Office pro PC nebo Mac s aplikacemi pro tablety a telefony (na 5 PC/MAC na uživatele)</li>[/types] <br />
[types field='woffice-365-e-services' option="0" state="unchecked"]<li class="not-included">Plná verze Office pro PC nebo Mac s aplikacemi pro tablety a telefony (na 5 PC/MAC na uživatele)</li>[/types] <br />
[types field='office-365-e-services' option="1" state="checked"]<li class="included">Aplikace Office Online</li>[/types] <br />
[types field='office-365-e-services' option="1" state="unchecked"]<li class="not-included">Aplikace Office Online</li>[/types] <br />
[types field='office-365-e-services' option="2" state="checked"]<li class="included">E-mail na vlastní doméně</li>[/types] <br />
[types field='office-365-e-services' option="2" state="unchecked"]<li class="not-included">E-mail na vlastní doméně</li>[/types] <br />

You will need to manually setup the codes for each option

Then use the content template to display the custom checkboxes field value:

<h3>Below is using content template to render the checkboxes field value</h3>
[wpv-post-body view_template="checkboxes-office-365-e-services"]

See the result:
hidden link

Thank you Luo, I appreciate your work. So, I can expect it Will be fixed in future update of Toolset?

Thanks.

Yes, you are right, it has been confirmed as bug of Types plugin, our developers are working on it, it should be fixed in the future version of Types plugin

Hello, any news about next release fix?... we hope we can start our website this month.

Here is the feedback from our 2nd tier supporters:
it is still in our to-do list, our developers are working on it, currently there isn't any better solution, but there is a errata link for it:
https://toolset.com/errata/checkboxes-set-to-save-0-if-empty-do-not-save-anything-if-they-are-updated-through-a-parent-post-and-not-checked/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.