Skip Navigation

[Closed] I need to create a search filter using the CSV file data. How can I create this?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,
I have gone through all lesson videos to create a custom search filter using post types and taxonomy but we have a CSV file and it's some of the data and profile pages that will be used in the search filter. I did not find any documentation or video to create the filter using a CSV file.

Link - https://toolset.com/related-lesson/custom-search/

Can you please guide me and help me to create this filter?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct. The Toolset's search features are designed to work with the pages and posts. There is no built-in feature available to create a search that can work with the data coming from a CSV or any other format file.

What you can do is first import that CSV data as the WordPress custom posts and then you'll be able to create a search for those imported post items.

We have a number of guides available on importing the data from a CSV file:
https://toolset.com/related-lesson/export-import/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

Post-types.PNG
custom-fields.PNG
custom-fields-not-appears.png

Hello,

I have imported the CSV file using WP All Import and mapped the fields with a custom post type, also I have created a custom field and assigned it to the post type.

The issue I have been facing now is that I am not able to get custom fields using the Single Fields option in the toolset view. Can you please guide me on how to get it fixed?

Review this link - hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

It is not clear whether the imported data has been properly saved in the respective custom fields.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how these custom fields and the values are stored in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy before sharing the access details.

The topic ‘[Closed] I need to create a search filter using the CSV file data. How can I create this?’ is closed to new replies.