Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I have exported custom post types to xml by your tool, but i can not import it

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by piotP 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author
failed_toolset_import.png

I am trying to: import custom post types

All stuff was done by your plugin - export via toolset->export, import via toolset->import, I can not understand how it is possible, export->success, import->fail?

Dear piot,

It is abnormal, I suggest you check these:
1) You are using the latest version of Toolset plugin in both websites (Export, Import)
2) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
3) Enable the PHP debug mode in the original website, export the Types settings file again, copy/paste the debug logs here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/
PHP Debugging

In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).

Javascript Debugging

1. yes, version 2.0.1;
2. I deactivated all other plugins, did export, switched to twenty fifteen, activated toolset - no changes, import failed;
3. I did as you wrote, my error_log.txt is empty, no notices on WP admin screens;

One notice : we have theme based on your plugin, so xml file created 01 March 2016 for that theme I can import to that theme as well as to new one; xml file created 03 May 2016 (for that old theme too) I can not import nor to that theme nor to new one.
XML file created for new theme 03.05.2016 is not able to import to any our themes.
May be it has sense to send you my xml files?

I compared xml files done by old version of TYPES plugin and new one for our old theme, new file not has such fragment :

<taxonomies>
<taxonomy>
<labels>
<name>Categories</name>
<singular_name>Category</singular_name>
<search_items>Search Categories</search_items>
<popular_items></popular_items>
<all_items>All Categories</all_items>
<parent_item>Parent Category</parent_item>
<parent_item_colon>Parent Category:</parent_item_colon>
<edit_item>Edit Category</edit_item>
<view_item>View Category</view_item>
<update_item>Update Category</update_item>
<add_new_item>Add New Category</add_new_item>
<new_item_name>New Category Name</new_item_name>
<separate_items_with_commas></separate_items_with_commas>
<add_or_remove_items></add_or_remove_items>
<choose_from_most_used></choose_from_most_used>
<not_found>No categories found.</not_found>
<no_terms>No categories</no_terms>
<items_list_navigation>Categories list navigation</items_list_navigation>
<items_list>Categories list</items_list>
<menu_name>Categories</menu_name>
<name_admin_bar>category</name_admin_bar>
</labels>
<description></description>
<public>1</public>
<hierarchical>1</hierarchical>
<show_ui>1</show_ui>
<show_in_menu>1</show_in_menu>
<show_in_nav_menus>1</show_in_nav_menus>
<show_tagcloud>1</show_tagcloud>
<show_in_quick_edit>1</show_in_quick_edit>
<show_admin_column>1</show_admin_column>
<meta_box_cb>post_categories_meta_box</meta_box_cb>
<rewrite>
<with_front>1</with_front>
<hierarchical>1</hierarchical>
<ep_mask>512</ep_mask>
<slug>category</slug>
</rewrite>
<query_var>category_name</query_var>
<update_count_callback></update_count_callback>
<_builtin>1</_builtin>
<cap>
<manage_terms>manage_categories</manage_terms>
<edit_terms>manage_categories</edit_terms>
<delete_terms>manage_categories</delete_terms>
<assign_terms>edit_posts</assign_terms>
</cap>
<name>category</name>
<label>Categories</label>
<slug>category</slug>
<supports>
<__types_cpt_supports_post>1</__types_cpt_supports_post>
</supports>
<id>category</id>
<__types_id>category</__types_id>
<__types_title>Categories</__types_title>
<checksum>60770de95769b6be313556c42bde5aa3</checksum>
</taxonomy>
<taxonomy>
<labels>
<name>Tags</name>
<singular_name>Tag</singular_name>
<search_items>Search Tags</search_items>
<popular_items>Popular Tags</popular_items>
<all_items>All Tags</all_items>
<parent_item></parent_item>
<parent_item_colon></parent_item_colon>
<edit_item>Edit Tag</edit_item>
<view_item>View Tag</view_item>
<update_item>Update Tag</update_item>
<add_new_item>Add New Tag</add_new_item>
<new_item_name>New Tag Name</new_item_name>
<separate_items_with_commas>Separate tags with commas</separate_items_with_commas>
<add_or_remove_items>Add or remove tags</add_or_remove_items>
<choose_from_most_used>Choose from the most used tags</choose_from_most_used>
<not_found>No tags found.</not_found>
<no_terms>No tags</no_terms>
<items_list_navigation>Tags list navigation</items_list_navigation>
<items_list>Tags list</items_list>
<menu_name>Tags</menu_name>
<name_admin_bar>post_tag</name_admin_bar>
</labels>
<description></description>
<public>1</public>
<hierarchical></hierarchical>
<show_ui>1</show_ui>
<show_in_menu>1</show_in_menu>
<show_in_nav_menus>1</show_in_nav_menus>
<show_tagcloud>1</show_tagcloud>
<show_in_quick_edit>1</show_in_quick_edit>
<show_admin_column>1</show_admin_column>
<meta_box_cb>post_tags_meta_box</meta_box_cb>
<rewrite>
<with_front>1</with_front>
<hierarchical></hierarchical>
<ep_mask>1024</ep_mask>
<slug>tag</slug>
</rewrite>
<query_var>tag</query_var>
<update_count_callback></update_count_callback>
<_builtin>1</_builtin>
<cap>
<manage_terms>manage_categories</manage_terms>
<edit_terms>manage_categories</edit_terms>
<delete_terms>manage_categories</delete_terms>
<assign_terms>edit_posts</assign_terms>
</cap>
<name>post_tag</name>
<object_type>
<1>portfolio</1>
</object_type>
<label>Tags</label>
<slug>post_tag</slug>
<supports>
<__types_cpt_supports_post>1</__types_cpt_supports_post>
<__types_cpt_supports_portfolio>1</__types_cpt_supports_portfolio>
</supports>
<id>post_tag</id>
<__types_id>post_tag</__types_id>
<__types_title>Tags</__types_title>
<checksum>f1dbf93bd8f83dc7ff628841331bd02f</checksum>
</taxonomy>
</taxonomies>
</types>

There should be some debug logs in the file error_log.txt.
please duplicate same problem in a test site(original website), and fill below private detail box with login details and ftp access, I need test and debug in a live website. and I need your permission to deactivate plugins and switch theme, you will need to backup your database first.

Thanks for the details, I can login your website, will feedback if there is anything found.

I can duplicate same problem in my localhost, and put it into our to-do list, our developers will take care of it.

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

It seems there is a problem with the tag below:

<object_type>
<1>portfolio</1>
</object_type>

I've tried many ways to export my Types in a way to generate like this but I couldn't. Is that possible to send me a duplicator package of your installation? In that way I can understand why is your site generating this like this.

Meanwhile you can just remove those three lines from the .xml file, then zip the files again and the importation will work just fine.

To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this I'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. If you prefer to do it on your own, you can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Duplicator instructions:

hidden link

Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

empty mesage

Hello, Adriano, are news about our issue? Have you all you need from us?

I've done some tests but I couldn't understand how the lines below were born:

<object_type>
   <1>portfolio</1>
</object_type>

But do not worry, as I said there is a fast workaround. Meanwhile you can just remove those three lines from the .xml file, then zip the files again and the importation will work just fine.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

We would accept such solution with great satisfaction if it intended for us only, but theme is used by various users, they do not know how to remove code fragment and rezip, they are frightered to death from such things, moreover they are frightered to death from much more simple things.
Unfortunately we forsed to ask you to try to remove a cause of PORTFOLIO fragment appearence.
I am really upset but you know code of TOOLSET much better then I, please try to do it, i have tried already to fit this problem, but I lost time with no result.

Hello,

I fully understand you. I'm trying to install Duplicator plugin in the site you set up for me but it's not working. Could you install it?

1. Dublicator is installed and activated now.
2. On beget.ru there is deployed theme with imported sample data; you can archive exactly equal result by installing file the-seo_05_05_2016.zip (it is in the WP directoryon beget.ru, you can get it by FTP) jn clear WP on your local comp and using one-click installer right in the theme.
Right after theme setup you will see notice to install SecretlabInstaller plugin. Install and activate it by simple clicking. Installer`s page is located in Appearence->Welcome, automatic and manual mode are available.
It will install all plugins and import all settings and sample data.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.