Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to export toolset views

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fahimS-2 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I created some views with Toolset blocks. Now I want to export them in order to import in another website. How can I do it?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The blocks-based views are tightly linked to the page/post/content template where they are created. This is why they can't be exported as freely or independently as the legacy/classic views.

For this reason, if your website is using blocks-based views, you'll have to export/clone the website as a whole and not just the views as individual components.

regards,
Waqar

If I create archive pages, is there any way in toolset to export and import them?

Thanks for writing back.

You can use the 'Toolset Module Manager' plugin to export the WordPress Archives created using the classic editor of the blocks editor:
https://toolset.com/home/module-manager/

This plugin can be downloaded from the Toolset downloads page ( https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ ) or can be installed directly from WP Admin -> Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial.

Thanks for your kind assistance. That helped me a lot.

1. If one of my wordpress posts has a view and I export that post with wordpress default export features, will the view also get exported with all the settings of the view?

2. Also how can I export legacy/classic views?

3. When I went to the plugin download page, I found this Toolset plugin 'Toolset Advanced Export'. Can you kindly tell which content and settings I can export with it?

Glad my message helped.

1. If one of my wordpress posts has a view and I export that post with wordpress default export features, will the view also get exported with all the settings of the view?

- Each individual view's information is stored as a separate post in a hidden post type 'view', too. So, I'm afraid, exporting/importing the regular posts/pages content won't be enough.

2. Also how can I export legacy/classic views?

- The legacy/classic views export should work just fine using the ''Toolset Advanced Export'' plugin.

Note: Technically, the export of blocks-based views should also work through this plugin, but you may have to manually include them on the page/post where you'd like to show them, after the import.

3. When I went to the plugin download page, I found this Toolset plugin 'Toolset Advanced Export'. Can you kindly tell which content and settings I can export with it?

- When you'll activate this plugin, you'll see the option to create your own module to export at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Modules.

In a module, you can include post types, relationships, taxonomies, field groups, post & user forms, content templates, views, and archives.

And to import a module, you'll see the option at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Export / Import -> Modules.

Toolset tells me to upgrade to download 'Toolset Advanced Export' Plugin. Isn't there any other way? Can't I do it with the module manager?

> Toolset tells me to upgrade to download 'Toolset Advanced Export' Plugin.
- Can you please share some information about where are you seeing this message?

> Can't I do it with the module manager?
- Have you downloaded the 'Toolset Module Manager' from the Toolset downloads page and activated it on your website?
( ref: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ under the 'Utility plugins' section )

Screenshot_1.jpg

1. I am seeing the upgrade option in the download page. I have added a screenshot in the attachment.

2. Toolset Module Manager is working perfectly. I just wanted to know if I could export and import Views with the Module Manager?

> 1. I am seeing the upgrade option in the download page. I have added a screenshot in the attachment.

- Thanks for the screenshot and you don't have to upgrade your account for what we've covered in this thread. The Toolset Module Manager should be enough.

Note: You don't need the 'Toolset Advanced Export' plugin because it is useful for exporting settings for the Toolset-based themes, but it is a legacy feature:
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/toolset-based-themes/how-to-build-toolset-based-themes/

> 2. Toolset Module Manager is working perfectly. I just wanted to know if I could export and import Views with the Module Manager?

- Yes, you can import/export views as part of a module, using the Module Manager plugin.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new ticket for each new question or concern.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.