Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to add next slider button?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,

On bottom of slider how to show next and prev button?

hidden link

best

I use block editor to do slider.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I'm afraid, the "Image Slider" block, doesn't support this feature of adding separate "next" and "previous" navigation links.

For a slider like this, you can switch to a third-party slider plugin, that offers more features. Following are a few articles that review some of the popular options:
hidden link
hidden link

regards,
Waqar

Dear Waqar,

What if I use this option: hidden link ?
Can be done?

Best

Waqar
Supporter

The screenshot is from the classic views editor wizard.

It can be used to create a slider with navigation links, however, it works from images coming from multiple posts and not from a single post. For example, if you'd like to show the slider of featured images or custom field images coming from multiple posts of a post type.

For a slider of images coming from the custom field(s) of a single post, one alternative is to use the Bootstrap 4 library's carousel feature:
hidden link

Let me know if that can work and if you need further assistance in setting this up.

Dear Waqar,

Yes please... solution with Bootstrap 4 library's carousel. Would you like access to the site?

Best regards
Krystian

Waqar
Supporter

Yes, can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the page, where you'd like to show this slider?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I noticed that on your website, you've already added a slider using the Elementor builder.

If you'd still like to test out the Bootstrap 4 library's carousel, you can follow these steps:

1. You'll first register a custom shortcode, to generate the markup for the carousel:

add_shortcode('show_custom_Bootstrap_slider', 'show_custom_Bootstrap_slider_func');
function show_custom_Bootstrap_slider_func($atts) {

$field = $atts['field'];

$images = do_shortcode("[types field='".$field."' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='full' class='d-block' separator='###'][/types]");

if (!empty($images)) {
		$images_arr = explode('###', $images);
		ob_start();
		?>
		<div id="carouselExampleIndicators" class="carousel slide" data-ride="carousel">
			<ol class="carousel-indicators">
			<?php
				for ($i=0; $i < sizeof($images_arr) ; $i++) {
					if ($i==0) {
						$active = 'class="active"';
					} else {
						$active = '';
					}
					echo '<li data-target="#carouselExampleIndicators" data-slide-to="'.$i.'" '.$active.'></li>';
				}
			?>
			</ol>
			<div class="carousel-inner">
			<?php
				for ($i=0; $i < sizeof($images_arr) ; $i++) {
					if ($i==0) {
						$active = 'class="carousel-item active"';
					} else {
						$active = 'class="carousel-item"';
					}
					echo '<div '.$active.'>'.$images_arr[$i].'</div>';
				}
			?>
			</div>
			<a class="carousel-control-prev" href="#carouselExampleIndicators" role="button" data-slide="prev"><span class="carousel-control-prev-icon" aria-hidden="true"></span><span class="sr-only">Previous</span></a>
			<a class="carousel-control-next" href="#carouselExampleIndicators" role="button" data-slide="next"><span class="carousel-control-next-icon" aria-hidden="true"></span><span class="sr-only">Next</span></a>
		</div>

<?php
		return ob_get_clean();
	}
}

Note: The above code snippet can be included through either Toolset's custom code feature ( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/adding-custom-code/using-toolset-to-add-custom-code/ ) or through the active theme's "functions.php" file.

2. Next, in the template, where you'd like to show this carousel, you can add a text or shortcode widget and call this custom shortcode like this:

[show_custom_Bootstrap_slider field="image-field-slug"]

Note: Please replace 'image-field-slug' with the actual slug of your image custom field, that you'd like to get the images from.

I hope this helps and for more personalized assistance around custom code, you can also consider hiring a professional from our list of recommended contractors:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.