Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how do I use a PDF viewer to dynamically display PDF files in my custom posts.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm building a document management system with toolset and want to be able to use a PDF viewer to show a PDF files that are uploaded on the custom post.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The Toolset plugins don't include a built-in PDF viewer feature. However, you can use a 'File' type custom field from Toolset Types to store the PDF file's URL and then use any third-party PDF viewer plugin to display that on the front end.

To get the custom field value from the file type field, you can use the Types Fields API shortcode like this:
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#file )

[types field='file-field-slug' output='raw'][/types]

Note: You'll replace 'file-field-slug' with the actual slug of your custom field.

Here is an article that reviews some of the popular PDF viewer plugins:
hidden link

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.