Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How do I add meta descriptions using Yoast to Toolset archive pages?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi. I want to add meta descriptions to my custom post type archive pages (as created using Toolset). How do I do that? When I edit the archive pages I cannot find the Yoast editing area.

I found the below link about this issue, but the solution links are hidden. Thank you.

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/edit-meta-description-with-yoast-on-archive-page-made-with-thrive-themes/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The Yoast SEO plugin offers a section to add SEO data for the archive pages through its settings at WP Admin -> Yoast SEO -> Search Appearance -> Content Type.

Here is a link to a relevant video tutorial from the other ticket that you referenced:
hidden link

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you. The problem is that you need a Yoast Premium subscription to access that metadata section. Without Premium, you can't add metadata images, which is the key issue here.

This client (for the website in question) will not be a power user of Yoast and it doesn't make sense for them to have Premium, so I was hoping there would be a way to Edit the page (perhaps using the native WordPress Edit function - kind of like avoiding the "Edit with Elementor" option) when creating archive pages with Toolset.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

I've performed some testing and research, but couldn't find any workaround to bypass this limitation. That is because, technically, the archive for a post type doesn't have any post/page edit screen.

To make this work, you can use one of these options:

1. Upgrade to Yoast Premium, or

2. Find any other free plugin that allows adding open graph meta tags (which are used for social sharing) to post type archives, or

3. Use custom code to insert those open graph meta tags
( ref: hidden link - Method 3. Manually Add Facebook Open Graph Meta Data into Your WordPress Theme )

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.