Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How can I convert an existing design in the block editor to the legacy editing experience?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicholasM 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

ok, great. just to be clear though that would only work in the legacy editor not for an archive search in a WordPress Archive template setup using the Custom Search Filter block?? I'm trying to use the block editor but I'm not really even sure why when I can comfortably write PHP, I think just that term of legacy made me feel I should use the blocks but for advanced layouts it's a lot slower to work in as you have to wait for much more server intensive page loads.

There is no way to convert a content template over to the legacy editor after it has already been setup is there?

It would be nice if there was a spreadsheet comparing features of the block editor and classic views so you could make a decision based on that on what to use, as I have felt a lot of pressure to move over and each time I do, I regret it. Will the classic view be supported for ever or is the plan to phase it out overtime?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

legacy-editor-switch.png

Hi,

> There is no way to convert a content template over to the legacy editor after it has already been setup is there?

- If you have enabled both legacy and blocks editor from the "Editing experience" settings (WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General), you'll see a link 'Use the Classic Editor for this Template', on the content template edit screen, in the block editor.
( example screenshot attached )

But please note that this option will not convert or carry over the existing content. It will enable the legacy editor for this content template and you'll have a blank template to start from scratch.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.