Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Forms do not send email to post author

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 73 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi Minesh

OK I have tried that and the email is not sent and the email log is empty.

Surely, this must have something to do with the custom functions in my child theme, no?

Nick.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - the thing is that I do not able to reproduce this issue. This time I've created a video so you can check.

I've PHP 7.2 installed and I've installed and activated the Avada child theme you shared which has some custom code added. Please check following video
=> hidden link

However - I've again shared the theme zip you shared to our next level support.

As you can see with the video recording, once I submit the form I can see the email log and email log displays the correct content.

Thanks Minesh

I can only assume that there is something unusual about my site (but I have already tried disabling plugins). So...I have a full backup of the site on Dropbox. Can you enable private so I can share?

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

@nickh-5

Hi - I'm another Toolset user and I've been following this post because I too have been experiencing issues with CRED notifications not being sent (since CRED 2.1.2) yet other form plugins didn't pose the same problems. I've not been getting anywhere for nearly 4 months - until today that is.

If you're using Litespeed webserver, the solution that worked for me might also work for you? Have a look at here :-

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-post-form-emails-not-sending/page/4/#post-1206918

I have my fingers crossed

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I'm not sure which backup to use here and I will not be able to deploy your entire site using this as updraft plus as its seems now backup themes/plugins as different entities.

Is it possible for you to send me copy of your site using duplicator plugin OR "All-in-One WP Migration"?
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Here is the duplicator package (without any images)

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Well - it looks like you forget to share the installer.php file thats needed to install the duplicator. Could you please send me installer.php file as well.

Okay here it is. Apologies

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing duplicator package. Your database is too heavy but somehow I'm able to install it using the command line.

Then when I try to access the site on localhost - it just keep loading and loading and finally somehow the url moves to the https. I see you are using wordfence security plugin.

What I need to setup and run your site locally and speed up the process - I suggest the following:
- Create a new test site using your original site which you want to share with us
- with this newly created test site, please remove all unwanted security plugins - security checks
- create a duplicator copy of this newly created test site and share with me

Hi Nick,

I'm Mohammed from Toolset second tier support.

I'm working on your issue with Minesh. I see that he has asked you for a duplicator copy of your website.

And you already have shared a copy previously in Dropbox.

I'm kindly asking you to upload the next copy to Google drive or any other platform because I can't download from Dropbox.

I will set the next reply as a private to share your information securely.

Thanks.

I have provided below a link to Google Drive with a duplicator package.

To create this package, I disabled and deleted the Wordfence plugin. This means it is not an EXACT copy of the live site (but Minesh had asked me to remove Wordfence)

Before disabling Wordfence, I tested the notification sending on a copy of the live site (which is hosted on a different server than the live site) and the notification WORKED. This suggests to me that something about the server setup (apache) itself may be causing the issue on my live site. Or possibly something about the duplication process has sorted something out.

The duplicator package contains no images to keep size down.

What do you suggest is the next step?

Link to package and installer: hidden link

Please let me know when you have the copy as I want to delete it from Google Drive for security reasons.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - as you confirm the following:

Before disabling Wordfence, I tested the notification sending on a copy of the live site (which is hosted on a different server than the live site) and the notification WORKED. This suggests to me that something about the server setup (apache) itself may be causing the issue on my live site. Or possibly something about the duplication process has sorted something out
<\em>

This certainly looks like the issue from your server and what you added above is evidence of that.

As per our support policy - we cannot debug server problems. This is a limitation and its already mentioned with our Support policy doc:
=> https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

Within the section "What is not included" - you will find the following note:

We cannot fix compatibility issues with your server. WordPress runs on many different server types. We try our best to ensure that Toolset is compatible with any environment. However, certain compatibility issues can persist for certain configurations.

I ask you to contact your server support and check with them if they help you out with this issue as the issue is not replicable at this end. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks. I appreciate the support limitation but we don't know for sure yet that this is a server issue.

It seems odd to me that it would be given that all other notifications work fine; it is only when the notification is to the author of the post that it does not work.

Nick.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.