Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Forms do not send email to post author

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 73 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi

Here is the link:

hidden link

I can't run the duplicator package; the site is so large it would take up massive resources and space. However, I could give you access to a set of backup zip files possibly.

Nick.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Yes - with the theme you provide the notification is not sent with my test site as well.

When I switch to the default 2019 theme - the notification sent. Please allow me to give a another try and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hello,

Minesh is on vacation, he will be back on next Monday, you can get the answer as soon as he is back.

Minesh
Supporter

I've escalated this issue for further debugging to our next level support. I will get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I checked now on my test install and updated the Avada theme to it's the latest version 5.8 and try to resolve your issue.

Thanks. Did it resolve the issue? Does this remain escalated to support?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - Yes, when I switched to latest Avada version 5.8 I see email notifications are sent successfully on my test install.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
You should try to update the theme on your install.

Thanks Minesh

I assume you mean if you use AVADA 5.8 PARENT and not a child theme? We already established that the parent theme with Avada enabled the notification to be sent. It is when a child theme ( a fresh install or mine with added functions ) is used that the notification is not sent.

This remains the case for me after the upgrade to Avada 5.8.

Are you saying that using a virgin Child theme you are now able to get the notifications sent?

I feel we are slightly losing the thread here so here is what I observe:

- Avada parent : YES
- 2019 Parent : YES
- Avada child virgin : NO
- Avada child customised : NO

Nick.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I'm on PHP 7.2 and its working fine.

Could you please try to update the PHP version on your server to PHP 7.1.X or 7.2.X and try to resolve your issue.

If updating PHP version help you to resolve your issue that means that there is an issue with the PHP version you are using 7.0.33 and I will report this exception in front of our Devs.

Mines

Can you please clarify. Are you saying that on your site which is running A vase child with my functions.php it is working. Can you please set out what you have active when it works?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - actually, I've two test site one with PHP 7.2 and one with PHP 7.0.33.

I checked with both PHP version and the strange thing is that:
- With PHP 7.2 with Avada child active (which you shared) using dropbox - Works
- With PHP 7.0.33 with Avada child active (which you shared) using dropbox - Does not Work
- With Avada 5.8 (parent theme active) - the email notification works with both PHP 7.2 and PHP 7.0.33

I double check with my next level support and they suspect that this looks like PHP version issue and that is why I ask you to update the PHP version on your server.

Please let me know the status and as even we are eager to know how this goes.

Thanks Minesh

I have upgraded PHP to 7.2.

With Avada Child (customised with added functions) active on my server, the notification is NOT sent. My suspicion therefore is a function conflict from my functions.php in the child theme (but I may be wrong)

To be sure, I'd like to share my customised child theme with you (the previous one shared with you was a virgin child direct from Avada). Can you please enable private?

Nick.

Minesh
Supporter

Sure - I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks.

Here is the child theme currently in use on my site which does not allow the notifications to be sent

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I tested with the theme your provided and by instaling the following plugin:
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-log/

Once you submit the form can you please check the email log - do you see anything?
=> hidden link

This is a really strange issue that it works on my localhost but not on my test site and again I updated the PHP version to 7.2 on my test site. I'll again ask our next level support to look at this issue as it works at one place and not on another place. Strange.

In the meantime can you give me feedback if you able to see anything with the email log.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.