Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Flexbox Issues with Elementor Views No Longer Functioning as Expected

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The customer reported that the view's grid loop styles are not applying on the front-end

Solution:
Noticed that it was a cache issue and with the extra URL parameter, the updated page showed with correct styles.

Relevant Documentation:
n/a

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Maggs 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Logged-in-view-of-grid.png
Logged-out-view-of-grid.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We have long had some views that I set up with flexbox, which have been inserted into our Elementor templates using the views block. Now none of the code we had set up is affecting anything. When you are logged into the WordPress admin it shows all the code correctly, but as soon as you view it without being logged in, it's completely stripped of the flexbox formatting and just show s a column of blocks.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I'm not sure how I had them set up, and now that they are broken, the only resources I'm getting about using flexbox in toolset are about 5-6 years ago and have depreciation warnings. I'm not finding much else that could help me on why this is suddenly an issue.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

There are more pages of each style. Almost every single page that has a views grid has been affected.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

It seems that some cache or optimization plugin is interfering with the loading of the Toolset Grid block styles.

I can see the issue if I view the pages that you've shared directly, but, I append a URL parameter at the end, for example "/?no-cache=true", the page is loaded correctly, without cache or optimization.

For example:
hidden link

I'll recommend clearing all involved caches and then testing these pages again and also see if adjusting the optimization plugin's settings has any effect on this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.