Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filter in a repeatable field group view

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hey there,

I have a Toolset CPT called "Locations" and a RFG within this CPT where I select e.g. an Artist out of a list and give it a time and a date.
Now I am displaying my "Timetable" with a view of that RFG sorted by time/date. I can filter it by Locations via a Dropdown in the frontend, but I am not able to filter it by a taxonomy of the locations post type. Is this possible? Or in other words: can I refer with a frontend filter to taxonomy terms of "parent posttype" of a rfg?

That would be really helpful for me!

Thanks in advance!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

In view, the search or query filters can be used for the custom fields and the taxonomies directly attached to the post type only. Filtering by the fields or taxonomies of the related parent or child posts is not supported.

For this reason, you'll need to make sure that any field or taxonomy data that you'd like to use for filtering RFG posts, is also stored with that post type directly.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.