Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Featured Image isn't showing and Single page view has gone missing with a 404 er

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

This is a site I migrated to create a new site.
Issues I'm having: the featured image is not showing at all.
Also when you click on Read More: the is nothing but a 404 error page.
Can you please see why I'm having issues.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I checked the single post page for the "Horses for Sale" post type "Shady Oaks Love Bug" and it was showing a 404 page.

Next, I resaved the permalink settings at WP Admin -> Settings -> Permalinks, and the single post page started showing correctly.
( {yourwebsite.com}/horses-for-sale1/shady-oaks-love-bug/ )

Can you please share some information about where the featured image isn't showing?

regards,
Waqar

My page should look like this page: hidden link. and then when you click on it, you see the featured image again also on the single page view: hidden link

So not sure why the featured images isn't working.

I'm also seeing a communication error for toolset connection. I've registered and unregistered several times, but still showing that message.

I tested out my regular Posts page and the featured image works there, so it is something with toolset I believe it is not showing.

Screen-Shot-2.jpg
Screen-Shot-1.jpg

Here are some screen shots and not sure how to get the text field column back to normal as well.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

1. I noticed that your template "Single Page Horses for Sale" and the view "Horses For Sale View" were using styling classes for Bootstrap 3, but it was not being loaded on the website.

I've selected the option "Toolset should load Bootstrap 3" for Bootstrap loading at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General and the layout issues are fixed.

2. For the featured image, I've updated the shortcode in the template "Single Page Horses for Sale" and the view "Horses For Sale View" and they are showing correctly for the posts which have a featured image:
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-featured-image )

[wpv-post-featured-image size="large"]

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.