Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Email notifications stopped after updates

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Registration emails were working fine, sent to new user and to an admin email. They are no longer sent at time of registration.

Solution:

The issue with no-emails was caused by the WP SMTP Mail by wpforms.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MargeP6083 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Registration emails were working fine, sent to new user and to an admin email. They are no longer sent at time of registration. This just started after recent WordPress update.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected notification emails to users that contain their password.

Instead, I got no email to the user.

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal.

Toolset Forms plugin is using WordPress built-in function wp_mail() to send the emails, I suggest you check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2)In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

I'm having an issue with updates. The only updates I see are beta (which broke my site where I opened a previous ticket). How can I turn off the beta updates for this site so that I can check most current stable versions?

On debug I found this:
Deprecated (Suppressed) wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead.
Plugin: cred-frontend-editor

1 -
wp-includes/functions.php:4773
wp_make_content_images_responsive()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:287
apply_filters('toolset_the_content_basic_formatting')
wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/application/controllers/forms/user/action/message.php:33
OTGS\T\C\C\F\U\A\Message->apply_content_to_action_message()
wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/application/controllers/form_action/message/base.php:35
OTGS\T\C\C\F\M\Base->get_action_message()
wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/application/models/form/base.php:337
CRED_Form_Base->print_form()
wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/application/controllers/form_builder_base.php:40
CRED_Form_Builder_Base->get_form()
wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/classes/CRED_Helper.php:1938
CRED_Helper::cred_user_form()
wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/classes/CRED_Helper.php:2526
CRED_Helper::credUserFormShortcode()
wp-includes/shortcodes.php:343
do_shortcode_tag()
Unknown location
preg_replace_callback()
wp-includes/shortcodes.php:218
do_shortcode()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:287
apply_filters('the_content')
wp-includes/post-template.php:253
the_content()
wp-content/themes/generatepress/content-page.php:61
load_template('wp-content/themes/generatepress/content-page.php')
wp-includes/template.php:676
locate_template()
wp-includes/general-template.php:204
get_template_part('content','page')
wp-content/themes/generatepress/page.php:31

I updated the available Cred Forms and Types plugins, which were showing errors. The only errors remaining are from Views.
"
Notice register_rest_route was called incorrectly. The REST API route definition for toolset-views/v1/views/(?P\d+).* is missing the required permission_callback argument. For REST API routes that are intended to be public, use __return_true as the permission callback. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 5.5.0.) 1 +
wp-includes/functions.php:5225
Plugin: wp-views

Notice register_rest_route was called incorrectly. The REST API route definition for toolset-dynamic-sources/v1/dynamic-sources is missing the required permission_callback argument. For REST API routes that are intended to be public, use __return_true as the permission callback. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 5.5.0.) 1 +
wp-includes/functions.php:5225
Plugin: wp-views
"
The initial issue with no-emails was caused by the WP SMTP Mail by wpforms.
Thanks for the help!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.