Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor PRO dynamic taxonomy custom image field | #607

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,
I have a custom field "image" on the default WP "categories" taxonomy.
I have an elementor pro custom template with an image placeholder
I need the image to be dynamically filled by the toolset custom image field.
When choosing the dynamic field, I see the "Toolset image" option, but it's empty and there nothing to select there.
Thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Can you please make sure that an image in this field has been added to at least one of the terms in this "categories" taxonomy?

In case the option is still missing, please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the page that is using this template.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

As the Elementor's dynamic tag feature doesn't seem to support the term field from Toolset Types, I was able to achieve this, using the following workaround:

1. In the "Post Archive" template's hero section, I included a random fixed placeholder image as a background.

2. To make the background image dynamically link to the current term's "image-a-la-une" field, I included this code in a "Shortcode" widget at the bottom of the template:

<style>
.elementor-location-archive .elementor-section:first-child {
    background-image: url([types termmeta="image-a-la-une" output="raw"][/types]) !important;
}    
</style>

This custom CSS code gets the image from the field, through the shortcode [types termmeta="image-a-la-une" output="raw"][/types] ( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#image ) and then sets it as that hero section's background image.

This way, you'll be able to control the background image's settings through the settings in the here section widget, but the background image URL will be controlled by this CSS code.

Hello and thank you,

It's too bad Elementor doesn't supportterm field from Toolset Types. Is there any chance you warn them about this?

I did already, but since it's an obvious conflict between Elementor and Toolset, maybe it'll be more efficient if you contact them directly.

Thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back and for reporting this to the Elementor's support.

As this feature is maintained solely by Elementor, this is more of a feature request on their end and not a conflict.

In any case, if the Elementor team will contact us for any information or support, our concerned team will be happy to cooperate, accordingly.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.