Skip Navigation

[Resolved] dynamic source

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Is it possible to make a dynamic field that will pull from a form that I select all the values that the form has [and it does not depend on how many fields are in the form]
Thanks
Younes

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Younes,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

There is no built-in function available for this. Can you please share some details about the exact usage requirements that you have in mind?

I'll be in a better position to suggest the next steps, accordingly.

regards,
Waqar

I'm making a post publication form with a checkbox field and what happens is that I have a very long column of checkboxes and I realized that it is impossible to put several checkboxes of one field in one row so I thought of making many checkbox fields in the form that will only have these fields and then in the post template I will put a field that will bring all the values (from all the fields) that this form gives
Thanks
Younes

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

> I have a very long column of checkboxes and I realized that it is impossible to put several checkboxes of one field in one row

- If you could share the link to the page where this long column/list of checkboxes options can be seen, I can assist with some custom CSS code, to make it appear in a single line or at least in a more compact layout.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

In your form's CSS editor, I've included the following code that makes all the options in the form's fields appear inline, rather than starting from a separate line:
( screenshot: hidden link )

div.js-wpt-field-items ul.wpt-form-set li.wpt-form-item {
    display: inline-block;
}

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Well done and thank you very much
Is it possible to set a little space between the fields so that the checkboxes are not adjacent
I also wanted to know if I add fields to the form using code, if it will be possible to retrieve the values of these fields in the other posts like custom fields
Best regards
Younes

Waqar
Supporter

You're welcome and glad I could help.

To increase the space between each option, you can update that CSS code to:

div.js-wpt-field-items ul.wpt-form-set li.wpt-form-item {
    display: inline-block;
    margin-right: 20px;
}

Feel free to adjust the value '20' as needed.

> I also wanted to know if I add fields to the form using code, if it will be possible to retrieve the values of these fields in the other posts like custom fields

- Yes, to show the value from any particular custom field, you can use the shortcode from Toolset Types fields API:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

Thank you very much, this is great

YounesZ5625 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-16 08:23:07.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.