Skip Navigation

[Closed] Dynamic field population inside a Form

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author

Yes, you are right, the field slug is "views_woo_price".

For existed variation products, you can try these:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> WooCommerce Views
in section "Products Fields for Parametric Searches", choose option "Manually", and click button "Calculate Now", this should be able to populate field views_woo_price value.

Pat

Hi Luo,

Thanks for the info. I had already made the manual price calculation and it is OK as mentioned for simple products.
I still have the issue on variable products (ie : how can I list all potential product variations in the same Views that lists all simple products - or do I need to have a specific Views for variable products?).
Regards
Pat

I have tried it again in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, the "Calculate Now" does populate "WooCommerce Product Price" field of all variable products, so the problem you mentioned above is abnormal:

But I have also some variable products and in this case, this is not working.

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/dynamic-field-population-inside-a-form/#post-1717139

What do you mean it is not working? what result do you see? can you take a screenshot for it? thanks

Pat

Hi Luo,

Just a precision : as I'm displaying in a Views the list of single product, I'm wondering what is possible to do for variable products. What can I display and how.
The aim would be to have in the Views display something like :
Product 1 - variation1
Product 1 - Variation 2
Product 2 - variation 1

and so on.

Regards
Pat

I have tried it again in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, with below steps:
1) Create some variable product posts

2) Dashboard-> Toolset-> WooCommerce Views
in section "Products Fields for Parametric Searches", choose option "Manually", and click button "Calculate Now",

3) Create a post view:
- Query Product posts
- In view's loop, display below shortcode:
[wpv-post-title]-[wpv-post-field name="views_woo_price"]

It works fine, I can see price value of all variable product posts.

Is there anything missing? can you provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem?

But I have also some variable products and in this case, this is not working.

Pat
toolset2.jpg
toolset1.jpg

Hi Luo,

Just tried it and I'm not able to list all variations thanks to the Views. Only the product is listed !
Here is my Views based on product posts :
[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<wpv-loop> [wpv-post-id] - [wpv-post-field name="views_woo_price"] - [wpv-post-title]</br>
</wpv-loop>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-no-items-found]
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]
[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

You have a screenshot (toolset1) of the different variation of one of the products (ID 7021) attached and also (toolset2), the Views results where you can see that the 7021 is listed, but not its variation IDs (7092, 7093, 7094, 7095, 7096).
Regards
Pat

I assume you have already checked other compatibility issue and PHP debug logs in your website.

Please provide your website database dump file in below private message box, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Dynamic field population inside a Form’ is closed to new replies.