Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Duplicated content template not editable

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.08 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Good morning Waqar !

I hope you're going well ?
Here's a new issue I have on my side...
I duplicate a Content Template but I'm unable to modify anything as it didn't display when I try to edit it.

The issue is present on the CT "TEMPLATE Properties Montagne - v4 " wichh is a exact duplicate of "TEMPLATE Properties Montagne - v3".

Can you please take a look ?

Hi Waqar

Google Maps issues are solved now but didn't change anything on my editable issue...

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for sharing the update.

I'm afraid, I couldn't find anything specific in the content template, that would result in the breaking duplicate copy.

Do I have your permission to download a clone of the website, to investigate this on a different server?

Hi Waqar !
Of course you can 😉

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Fabrice

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for the permission and I've downloaded a clone of the website.

I'll need to perform some troubleshooting around this template and will share my findings, once it completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Fabrice,

Just wanted to let you know that, I'm still working on the investigation of this content template duplicate issue and will be able to share an update, in a couple of hours.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I apologize for the delay as this investigation turned out more complex and time consuming than I initially anticipated.

It turns out that if a content template includes a Toolset Form through a "Form" block and it is duplicated, then the new copy is not editable.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further review.

For now, a workaround can be to remove the Form block from the content template "TEMPLATE Properties Montagne - v3" and instead include the same form through the "cred_form" shortcode, in a "Fields and Text" block:
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_form )

[cred_form form="info-request-form-vertical"]

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

The fix for this issue has been covered in the latest release of Toolset Blocks and Views plugins (versions 1.5 and 3.5).

You're welcome to update and let us know through a new ticket, in case you still experience something out of place.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.