Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Divi accordion layout not working in Toolset CPT

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sharlaC 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello. I've created a divi accordion menu in a divi layout and imported it into a toolset CPT. The layout functions mostly properly, but isn't recognizing my filters that are associated with it. I have 4 CPTS that are Large Cabin, Mid Cabin, Super Mid Cabin, and Light Jet. Each one has an assigned filter to only show corresponding jets. It's like my templates aren't saving though because each one is trying to show the super mid cabin. See here: hidden link
Is there any documentation that you are following?
No
Is there a similar example that we can see?
The live site is here: hidden link
This is what I am trying to achieve.
What is the link to your site?
This is what is happening: hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this accordion is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

I tried to log in, but the standard admin login links are showing the "404 not found" page.

If you're using any secret/protected admin login link on the website, please share that as well.

Note: Your next reply will be private as well.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

If you'll check the individual content templates that you're loading in each cabin size's accordion tab, you'll see that all of them are loading the exact same view "Accordion View 1".

And in this view's "Query Filter" settings, you'll see that it is set to bring in the results associated with the "Super-Mid Cabin" term. This is why the same results are showing in all the accordion tabs.

The correct way to achieve this would be that you'll need to create separate views for each of those tabs, so that in their query filter settings, different terms can be set, independently.

Tip: When you've created a view in the first content template, you'll have the option to insert the same view as the existing view using the Views block in the next content template. After the view has been selected, you'll have the option when hovering over the view area, asking whether you'd like to edit the original view or edit its copy. Since, you need an independent/separate view, you'll select to edit its copy and the system will automatically make a copy of your view. This way, you'll be able to select different terms in the query filter settings in each view, in each content template.

Waqar, this is a perfect solution. Thank you!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.