Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom field from a Related Post is not displayed.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by kostasT 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have products and brands. I used https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-post-reference-field-to-set-up-one-to-many-relationships/ to define a relationship between them. Products have brands using the Post Reference field. I want to insert a custom field of the parent post (brand logo) in the product view template. This worked in the beginning. However, when I checked again, the logos of all brands were appeared. When I did it again, the custom field (brand logo) of the Related Post is displayed in the block editor but not in the front end.

How can I post sensitive information?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Let me set up a private reply if you want to share access to your site...

You may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've noticed that in the content template "Template for Laboratory Products", you've added a view "Product Brand", to show the logo from the parent "Brand" post. But this view is not required and you can remove it, since you can show that image directly using the "Image" block.

Please note how I've added a new image block, above the view block and set it to show an image from the "Logo" field, with the "parent brand" post set as a dynamic source.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! However, I wonder why the view didn't work.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.