Skip Navigation

[Resolved] (!)CRED forms get reset if changes were made to custom fields of related post

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi guys.
Very bad bug.
It happened already several times with my site.
Can't be 100% sure of the reasons why, but looks like after I edit custom fields of the post,
post forms and user forms (that have generic fields linked to a custom post) are getting reset to the default state. As result, all customization of the form gets lost. Even JS code added in the corresponding field below the editor gets reset.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Hello,

I can login into your website, please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem:
Which post do you edit?
Which post/user form will be reset?

Hi Luo.
For example, if you edit Custom fields for Health organizations then the corresponding User form could get reset. The reset looks like if you would turn off Expert mode and turn it on again.

Please provide the steps with detail URLs:
1) Where can I edit Custom fields for Health organizations?
In the single "Health organizations" post?
hidden link

2) Where can I see the result: "corresponding User form could get reset"

Hi Luo.
Sorry for the late reply.
Regarding your questions:
1) Where can I edit Custom fields for Health organizations?
-- you can find them here: hidden link

2) Where can I see the result: "corresponding User form could get reset"
-- the form on the back-end is here: hidden link
-- and the form on the front is here: hidden link
I tried to achieve the effect of the reset form on purpose but not luck. I am still not sure what exactly could cause. The reset.
However, It did happen twice with this form. Before the reset I was actively editing custom fields and I was adding new ones (both on fields themselves and forms). I also was testing form. The reset normally was discovered after some time, not immediately.
Plugins are set to update automatically by cPanel. Maybe plugin update could do this... Just my guess.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Luo is on vacation, so let me step in here.

I tried to reproduce the problem you describe on my own test, both on post forms (for posts that have a custom field group assigned) and for user forms (where there are custom user fields applicable to the same role), but I couldn't in either case.

I don't see how the form could be reset by making a change when editing custom fields, I don't think there are any Forms hooks triggered by the action of updating a custom field group.

But I've created a clean sandbox site with Toolset plugins where I invite you to demonstrate the problem, which you can log into with this link: hidden link

If we can reproduce the problem then we can investigate why it occurs.

Hi Nigel, sorry for the late replay.
I was trying to replicate the issue. And it happened couple more times again.
This time I was able to detect and repeat the reset.
Here is how to do that with my website:
1. Close the form editor dropdown window (see screenshot 1)
2. Do some changes for example with Email notifications
3. Save changes with a form editor dropdown window closed
4. Form gets reset as it happens when you toggle of Expert mode

Sorry, I didn't try to setup forms on your site to replicate this after I found the issue but let me know if its needed

screenshot1.jpg

...forgot the image

Nigel
Supporter

OK, got it.

I was able to reproduce the problem on the staging site I had shared.

I have escalated this to the developers, and I have published an erratum so other users may be aware of the problem.

This will get fixed in an update to Forms. I suggest you subscribe to the erratum comments if you want to be notified, and we can close here.

Thanks for sharing the details of how to reproduce this.

Thank you for checking. Could you also please share a link where can I subscribe to the erratum comments?

Nigel
Supporter

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.