Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating a search page

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
11-11.JPG

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Create a search page with a selection list of my taxonomies (occupations) I don't see how a person can select which taxonomy / occupation they are searching for. And I do not understand the purpose of an archive page - why not just create a search page? And (I am using Chrome) the message this form is not secure always comes up. See attached image.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
No
Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thanks for asking and I'll reply to each question, separately.

> Create a search page with a selection list of my taxonomies (occupations) I don't see how a person can select which taxonomy / occupation they are searching for.

- In your views for search, you can add a search filter for the taxonomies, the same way as the custom fields. Here is a guide on the topic of creating a custom search:
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1622935-1621213/

> And I do not understand the purpose of an archive page - why not just create a search page?

- Archive pages are provided/managed by WordPress, out-of-the-box. They offer an easy way for visitors to see similar posts, grouped by similarity like post type, taxonomies, author, year, month, etc.

The search page that you create using Toolset views is a customized page where you can select which post types and the search filters should be available, to see the desired results.

> And (I am using Chrome) the message this form is not secure always comes up. See attached image.

- Your website is already using 'https', so it is strange that you're seeing this message. Can you please share the exact steps for where and how this message can be seen?

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar, using this form: hidden link I enter an address or a state, or city. (If you enter Phoenix it will show a listing)

This is the message: The information you’re about to submit is not secure
Because this form is being submitted using a connection that’s not secure, your information will be visible to others.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

It seems that the SSL (HTTPS) is not configured properly on your website.

Are you using any third-party plugin to force 'HTTPS' and can you please share temporary admin login details, so that I can see how it is set up in the admin area?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

If you'll go to WP Admin -> SG Optimizer -> Environment, you'll see that the "HTTPS Enforce" option is not checked.

Enabling this option should fix any issues related to SSL (HTTPS), but, I'll recommend getting in touch with your hosting support team to confirm this first, to be absolutely safe.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.