Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create frontpage view for my DIVI site

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by neilM-12 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
frontpage view.jpg

I want to create a frontpage view to then display on my home page. The details required are below:

1st section - Most recent blog post with overlay like on attached image. Image behind white box showing title and date etc.
2nd section showing grid of 2x2 columns and rows and then a pagination. Would like this to pick from my articles taxonomy and possibly other taxonomies.

Again see the attached of how i want it to look....

Any links to helpful docs or advice on this would be welcome. Also any info on how to create news or list sidebar elements would help.

Thanks

Neil

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Neil,

Thanks for asking! I'd be happy to help.

I noticed that at the moment, your website's home page is using Divi builder to show the post slider and the posts grid.

As mentioned in our documentation, it is not recommended to mix Divi and Toolset elements on the same page:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

You can achieve the design that you've shared, only using the Block editor ( without Divi ).

The first section will have a post view, that is set to show only 1 recent post:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/create-and-display-custom-lists-of-content/

The second section will also have a post view, but that will be set to show them in a grid layout with the desired taxonomy filter.

For showing the list of posts in the sidebar too, the same post view feature will help and you can create multiple views as per requirement and insert them in the sidebar widgets, through the "wpv-view" shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-view

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

The issue is i need to create the full width image banner and show Instagram etc as my page is currently laid out. Its just the block where the articles display. I dont want to end up with a block of native post settings and then toolset views on other pages.

I was told that Toolset and Divi work well together so this is a game changer....

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Neil,

Thanks for writing back and I apologize for the delay in getting back on this.

With the passage of time and especially with the introduction of WordPress's new editor "Gutenberg" ( https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ ), Toolset and Divi both have grown a lot, but in separate directions.

Toolset set has put its focus on the default "Gutenberg" blocks based editor, while Divi continues to expand its own front-end builder.

Unfortunately, they both can't be used together as closely as before, but still, there is a lot that can be achieved while keeping them both on a same website.

If your home page's layout/structure depends on the Divi builder's editor, then it would be better to continue using the Divi's blog post widget for those posts sections too, like you're currently using.

I hope this makes sense.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.