Skip Navigation

[Resolved] create content template with wpbakery page builder instead of "Block Editor"

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dorianS-3 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Trying to create a content template with wpbakery page builder instead of "Block Editor".
It says "Template for XYZ - Block Editor" , I don't understand how to change that to something else.
In the WPBakery Page Builder Settings "Disable Gutenberg Editor" is already activated!

Please advise.

Thanks,
Dorian

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-wpbakery-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types/

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Dorian,

Welcome to Toolset support and I'd be happy to assist.

To see the option to switch to different editors while working with content templates, you can follow these steps:

1. Please select the option "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build" for the "Editing experience" setting.
( at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General ).

2. Next, please open your content template that is currently set to use the blocks editor and you'll see the link "Use the Classic Editor for this Template" at the bottom of the settings panel, at the right side.
( example screenshot: hidden link )

3. Once on the classic editor screen, you'll see the button to switch to the "WPBakery Page Builder".
( example screenshot: hidden link )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

ah, perfect!
I totally overlooked the "Editing experience" setting ..

Thanks,
Dorian

Sorry one more thing I'm struggling with:

Please see hidden link:
The part from "Test Simon" to "the future of Europe." is generated by the template, but why is the rest there? Is this coming from single.php or something?

How do I get rid of "Test Simon", the date, the post image above the template?
As well as the share buttons and "You may also like" beneath the template?

Thanks,
Dorian

I found a way, had to create a custom php file for my custom post type and strip that from a bunch of code.

Cheers
Dorian

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.